4 - Old faces and new

Munich, September 2nd 2015 - 8:00

Upon waking up my brain replays the last few scenes of my dreams, which I don't even remember anymore. I groan into my pillow furiously taping my phone, trying to shut the alarm off. When it starts buzzing again I pick up my phone, letting out another groan, seeing that my brother is texting me.

Nick 🙄

- Are you awake?
7:46

- You better be awake soon!
7:51

- You have an appointment at the rink at 9:30!
7:59

- Dude you better not be late to meet your coaches!
- We're walking to the rink so I'll pick you up at 8:45!
8:02

- Nick relax I just woke up... 😭
- I'll be ready by 8:45
- How are you even awake this early?
8:03

- How do you think?
- Mom called me like 10 times at 7:30 🙄
8:04

- You poor bastard😂
- Anyway just knock at my door when  we have to leave
8:05

I check my phone to see that I have two missed calls from my mom, and some texts from Yulia and Zhenya. I decide to worry about that later, texting my parents to let them know that I'm okay before heaving towards my bathroom. As I step into my shower the water comes in a perfect spray, hot and steady, awakening my skin in all the right ways and soothing my aching muscles. Steam fills the bathroom, fogging the mirrors as I wash the shampoo out of my hair.

Once I'm out of the shower and dry with a towel on my head I check my phone, my eyes widening when I see that it's 8:30 already. Crap did I really stay in the shower for almost half an hour? This is why I usually listen to music in the shower, to keep track of the freaking time! I rush towards the wardrobes trying to remember where I put my blow dryer.

My hair is still damp when I hear three loud knocks on my door. Crap. Why am I always late?! I reach for my leggings, trying to put them on as I hop towards the front door. I see Nick when I look through the peeping hole.

"JUST A MINUTE" I yell, scrambling to find the rest of my clothes.

"WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED THAT YOU'RE LATE?!" he shouts back from the hallway "JUST LET ME IN!"

I pull on my mint colored long sleeve shirt before opening the door, rushing towards my (also mint colored) suitcase, trying to pack my stuff as quickly as possible.

"You need help with that?"

"No! I'm fine! I'm totally fine!"

"Okay I guess we're driving to the rink today" he says while rummaging through my box of guards "Mint and pink?"

"You know me so well" I beam, shoving the guards into the suitcase before closing it clumsily. What a mess!

~

We park in the main parking lot before walking towards the rink, I take in the sights, amazed at the fact that the rink I'm going to be training at is in the middle of a huge park. As we approach the rink I take in the building. I have to admit: it's beyond beautiful. It's shaped like a dome, surrounded by trees, the building next to it is probably another training center.