52 - Everything for him

AN: it is best to read the chapter while listening to the song above! keep in mind that the lyrics (written in italic) are important to the meaning behind... well the whole chapter but if you don't want to read them then I'd highly recommend just watching the video above at least once, to grasp the meaning of the song :)

 well the whole chapter but if you don't want to read them then I'd highly recommend just watching the video above at least once, to grasp the meaning of the song :)

~

I pace nervously in my white costume, originally made for my free program before we decided to change it, wiping my sweaty palm on my skin colored tights, hearing that Alina's already done with her gala performance which meant that it was Javi and then me. I barely register the beep of the answering machine, frantically dialing the same number again because this was important and I have to make sure- Ah! I let out a silent when I hear shuffling on the other end of the line, meaning he had finally picked up.

"Yuzu?!" I ask dumbly, in a disbelieving tone, the corny speech I had prepared instantly flying out of my mind.

"Yes. Is everything okay?" his voice is calm and steady on the other end of the line but I know he'll be standing frozen, whatever he had been doing before, brows furrowed and maybe a tiny bit of concern on his features.

"Y-yeah...Why wouldn't it be?" I ask and it's my turn to furrow my brows as I continue to pace around the backstage area.

"I just didn't think you'd call today..." he admits and I can almost hear the boyish grin he must be sporting right now.

"It's Sunday, I always call on Sundays..." I smile and shrug, even though he can't see it.

"It's a competition weekend, you never call on those..." his voice cracks and he clears his throat, trying to brush it off but I knew better.

"Well then this should be a good surprise for you..." I whisper and he chuckles, his voice now low, almost entirely humorless "Are you busy?"

"Eh... Not really..." he trails off and I hear more shuffling on his end of the line before I place the sound as a fridge opening and closing "I was about to make lunch..."

"Planning to burn your house down and claim the insurance money?" I quip and he snorts, probably shaking his head at my joke with a reluctant smile "Maybe your mother should do all things related to cooking and heat..."

"She's busy today..." he answers and I think he puts me on speaker, setting down the phone on the counter as he unpacks whatever ready food he's about to reheat.

"Hmm?"

"I sent her to the spa..." he tells me and I know it's reluctantly, because I know he wants to be alone.

"Yuzu..." I whisper, having completely forgotten about the reason why I was calling him in the first place "You can't just-"

"She's always here, she's everywhere. You don't know what that's-" he cuts himself off, realizing his tone was harsher than he most likely wanted it to be so he just sighs "I just needed some time to be alone..."