23 - Dress shopping

I stare at my hands as I sit on Yuzuru's bed, noticing that I had gotten back into the habit of picking at my cuticles. I found myself sitting on his bed as he was finishing his shower, having convinced me to wait even after I insisted that I could come back later. I can practically hear Christina's voice in my ear 'Maybe you should join him...'. I hiss as I rip a piece of skin off, making me bleed slightly.

Images of water dripping down a chiseled chest flood my mind, despite my efforts to stop it, the sound of the water running in the shower slowly starting to lull me to sleep. I'm startled when I notice that I can no longer hear the shower, which meant that he was out of the shower and that meant that he would coming out of the bathroom soon. Crap crap crap. I've been so focused on actually coming here that I didn't even think about what I'm supposed to say.

I don't have time to figure it out because Yuzuru's already stumbling out of the bathroom with a towel in his hands trying to dry his hair which just made it stick out in weird spikes. I stifle a chuckle, trying to stay serious but the sight of him in that moment was probably the most wholesome thing I've ever seen. His mahogany eyes were innocently fixed on me, instead of hungrily roaming my body. Not sure if I feel relieved or disappointed by the notion. No it's definitely a good thing that he's not looking at my boobs, isn't it? Chris wouldn't think so.

"So..."

"So...?" he repeats after me, dragging the word out quizzically.

"Right... Well... I'm not sure why we ended up kissing like that... Twice" I start, looking down at my hands, finding this to be one of the most awkward conversations in my life "But I think we should... um... talk about it!?"

"You're not sure why?" he looks perplexed as he sits down on the edge of the bed, his fingers gently grazing the bare skin on my knee.

"W-well no... Are you?"

"Yes."

"So you know what you want then?"

"No..."

"Well then what do you know?!" I persisted, still anxiously toying with my fingers.

"That I wanted to kiss you... Did you not want to?"

"I did..." I almost regret my answer when a satisfied grin steals his lips. Those damn lips, the lips that felt so right on mine. More than once.

"Then what's the problem?"

"I don't know... I j-just need to know what this is. And- and you're older than me!"

"I'm not that old! I just turned 20..."

"And I'm 17-"

"Almost 18!"

"Bu-"

"Look we can just figure it out as we go..."

"We live on opposite sides of the world! And besides we don't exactly have a lot of free time to keep in touch with each other, even if we didn't live in countries with opposite time zones! So you tell me how the hell we're supposed to figure it out?" I blurt out, panic in my eyes.

"By doing this" as I opened my mouth to ask 'By doing what?' he caught my breath with his lips, grabbing my face with both of his hands as I tense up, my eyes widening. He swallows my gasp when he pulls me on top of him, grabbing my waist as I land on his chest, hands resting on his shoulders. I pull away, biting my lip nervously, to look at him. He was sporting an amused grin, he slides his thumbs under the hemline of my shorts, running lazy circles on my hips.

"I kind of promised myself not to do that again..." I whisper after a while, biting my bottom lip to suppress a smile.

"We can stop, if you want to!" he breaths out, jerking his hands away from me.