3 - New perspective

Munich, September 1st 2015 - 16:43

I'm staring out the window of the plane, still listening to my music (the current song being 'Talking to the moon' by Bruno Mars) as I wait for most people to leave the plane. I never understood why people try to get up right away, it's not like you're gonna get out of here any faster since you still have to wait for them to open the doors. So you'll be standing for 15 minutes for no reason at all, and even if you get out first your luggage isn't going to get to the airport fast enough.

As people start clearing out I check if I packed all my belongings into my backpack before getting up to retrieve my carry on from the overhead storage. As I pull the luggage down I see a hand reaching towards the suitcase from behind me, I'm quicker so I turn around as soon as I set my suitcase down in front of me.

"I've got it, thanks!" I smile lightly at the stranger and he nods politely in response.

I start to make my way out of the plane, rolling the suitcase in front of me. I follow the signs to the passport control and somehow there's not much of a line and once I get to baggage claim I immediately spot my luggage (see? i told you it's better to wait until the plane clears out!).

I struggle to juggle my two huge suitcases as well as my carry on but I'm too stubborn (or lazy) to get a luggage cart. I pass through the glass sliding doors, pausing slightly before spotting Nicklaus in the crowd.

"Need some help with those?" He grins at me before engulfing me into a suffocating hug.

"Nah just let me try to roll three very large suitcases by myself" I reply sarcastically.

"Now what would dad say about that?" he says, ruffling up my hair.

"He would probably high five me for being a strong independent woman, and then rip you head off" I tease.

"Yeah that sounds about right!" he laughs, taking two of my suitcases. I follow him while we catch up, he asks me about our mom and I brush him off, asking about his training. He tells me about his coaches as we reach his car.

"So are you going to tell me why mom and dad were so secretive about my new coach? They made me swear not to go online and look up who coaches here" I ask curiously as we start driving.

"I mean I could tell you... but what do I get out off it?" he teases.

"Oh come oooooon" I whine "I'll google it tonight anyway".

"Don't do that! It's a surprise for a reason!"

"Nick have you met me? I hate surprises " I grumble.

"That's true but Dad made me promise..."

"Since when do you keep your promises?" I raise an eyebrow at him teasingly.

"Since always!!! But since I know that you won't calm your ass down until I tell you I'll give you a small hint: you already know the coach" he said.

After about twenty minutes later, and an unsuccessful interrogation later, we stop in front of an apartment complex. I get out of the car and look around, the street seemed quiet except for the supermarket on the corner of the building which is convenient.

 I get out of the car and look around, the street seemed quiet except for the supermarket on the corner of the building which is convenient