11 - Tissue thief

"THAT'S WHY? That's why y-you didn't show up?" I hiss in disbelief.

He finally looks at me, his eyes full of guilt "I was angry, I thought that you were trying to..."

"Trying to what? Deceive you? SPY ON YOU?!"

"NO! I don't know... I was- was just angry. And I didn't want to be an a-"

"You- you were angry? So instead of confronting me, you j-just didn't show up?!" I huff, as I get up and start pacing in front of him.

"I was mad. I didn't want to be mean and yell!"

"You didn't wanna yell?! You know what else you could have done? You could have asked me about it, not that it was any of your business, we barely knew each other!"

"I'm sorry-"

"Stop saying you're sorry!"

"I just didn't want-"

"God you are so selfish!"

"What...?" he looks genuinely taken aback and confused.

"You keep talking about what YOU didn't want! Did you even think about me?"

"I'm sorry-"

"Don't say that you're sorry!"

"Okay then... I apologize?" he looks hesitant, I figured he wasn't sure if that was the right word.

"I swear to god if you keep this up, I will slap you in the teeth!" I blurt out, only realizing how ridiculous it sounds after I said it.

"You're going to- What?"

We stare at each other, both of us silent until I start laughing. He looks at me like I'm from the moon as I keep on laughing, as if he just told me the funniest joke I've ever heard. I calm down a little and sit back down on the bench, wiping away a tear from the corner of my eye.

"Are you okay?" he looks genuinely concerned about my state of mind.

"Y-yeah..." I exhale deeply, trying not to giggle.

"So... does it mean tha-"

"Look I need to go..." I cut him off as I abruptly stand up "I have to focus on tomorrow and so do you... Good luck!"

I know he's still looking at me as I quickly make my way back towards my friends. He probably thinks I'm crazy now, but I don't blame him. I think I might actually be going crazy and I blame that on him. Who knew that one person could have so much power over me?

~

"So you're still not gonna tell me how you met him?"

"No Chris, I am not going to tell you anything right now because I have to focus!" I snap back, annoyed at the question.

"Okay then, you can tell me after the-"

"NO! I'm not telling you anything because there's nothing to tell!"

"Then why do you disappear every time he finishes his program, at literally every competition we go to?!" she counters, a knowing look on her face.