39. Bala

After the storm comes the rainbow, but in my case I got two beautiful rainbows. I ask Gonca to send Osman in. I need his support now more than ever. But before she can even leave the room, Osman bursts in. He looks exhausted, his eyes puffy from crying. Although he hasn't been through the pain I just did, I know that everytime I cried out or yelled his heart was wounded. The hatuns make me comfortable on my bed and I am feeling much better. Both of my babies lay beside me and I stare at both of them lovingly. I've never felt this bond or love before for anyone. I reach down to pick up my sweet daughter while Osman'm picks up our darling son. I look at Osman then look down at these blessings we've been entrusted with.

"Osmanum, do you have any names in mind?" I implore, a hint of exhaustion in my voice.

"Yes, I do, Bala'm, but can I hold my güzel kız (beautiful daughter) first, I would like to kiss her sweet cheeks." I carefully hand Osman our daughter and take my brave son from him. We take a few more minutes with our babies before Osman speaks again, "Halime, was my mother's name, although I never met her, she's lived in my heart forever. I told myself that if I ever had a daughter I would name her Halime." I see his eyes getting misty when he speaks about his mom, he's never spoken about her in detail but from what I've heard she was a hatun who endured a lot. Osmanum brings our daughter's face in front of his mouth, "Your name is Halime, your name is Halime, your name is Halime." He continues to perform the adhaan in her ears and finishes the process with planting a kiss on her forehead. We switch infants again and Osman utters his next words, "Our prophet Musa (AS) was guided by a wise man, Hizir. May Allah bless our son to guide all those around him. Osman repeats the same words again into my son's ears, "Your name is Hizir, your name is Hizir, your name is Hizir." He follows that with the adhaan and then cuddles him into his chest.

"Halime and Hizir, I love the sound of that." I remark admiringly. Osman reaches down and places a kiss on my head. His tender hands comb through my hair and I instantly calm down and forget all the pain. He settles down beside me and we take the rest of the day watching over this huge blessing Allah has granted us.

Doesn't Halime and Hizir sound so perfect? Comment what you think of the names and any names you want to see in the story!

M&M