24. Bala

It's been a few nights since we rescued all our alps and beys from Nikola. Malhun is slowly recovering from her injury. Yildiz Abla and her baby are healthy and well. Now, it's time to feast and celebrate.

"May I come in, Bala'm?" I hear Osman's voice.

"Of course, Osmanum, no need to ask, this is your tent as well." I respond. Osman walks in and comes up behind me.

"How are you doing, güzel'm (my beautiful)? Is my child making you feel his presence?" he nestles in beside me, and combs my hair.

"Of course, it's obvious it's going to be like it's baba." I mutter with an inkling of a smile.

"Look at those eyes, I hope our baby inherits your eyes, güzel gözlü (beautiful eyed) Bala'm." he whispers in my ears. I feel my cheeks turning pink.

"Osmanum, your words are the cure to all my aches, but now is not the time to be saying these words. Keep this sweet talk for when you tell the people about our little bundle of joy. Now, if you'll excuse me I need to go get ready." I reiterate.

"Whatever you say, Bala Hatun, whatever you say," he mocks me and leaves me be "I'll be in the main tent, whenever you're ready to go."

"See you then, Osman Bey." I respond and he's gone.

Ten minutes later I'm dressed in a head-to-toe navy blue dress to match my husband. I peek out through the crack and see him waiting patiently.

"I'm ready, Osman Bey'm." I say so softly, I think he won't catch my words. He turns around, gazes at me in a simpering manner, walks up to me and brushes my cheeks with his fingertips, and kisses me on my forehead.

"After you, hatun." he commands. One hand on my back, one hand on his sword, we exit the tent gracefully. I notice everyone already standing at the tables waiting for us to be seated. "You may be seated, my people," Osman declares and everyone takes a seat. I sit next to him. On his other side are Gunduz Bey, Emir Bey, and the rest of his alps. On my other side are my Sheykh baba, Malhun Hatun, Yildiz Abla and Selcan Ana. As food is passed around, as jokes are shared, as stories are told, Osmanum stands up. Now's the moment I've been waiting for.

"Ohh Kayi Folk, as most of you know, these last few days have been rough on us all. We've lost many but they all sacrificed their lives for this cause. Do not feel sad that they are gone, they are in a much better place. I am hosting this feast in honor of them and in honor of our brave beys and alps that survived the torture in the dungeons of Inegol. Today we honor them and all those who have given their lives for this cause. But this is not the only reason we have gathered here today. We are also here to celebrate some good news. In shaa Allah, this tribe will have an heir worthy of its values. By the grace of Allah, and with His blessings Bala Hatun and I will have our firstborn soon, in shaa Allah." Osman says in a manner so profound, even I start to tear up. On one side I hear Malhun Hatun's voice, I sense the shock in her voice.

"Bala Hatun, congratulations. May you be blessed with a child who will be a coolness to your eyes!" she congratulates me. I start hearing whispers of prayer and congratulations all along with the tables.

"Thank you! But..." Osman continues "...this is not the only piece of good news I have to share with you all today. One of our beys who was captured has also returned home to the same glad tiding. Our own Emir Bey and his wife Yildiz Hatun are also expecting their first child. May their baby be a source of pride to them. May all of our children continue to bring us joy and keep this tribe alive."

*sighs* Aren't Osman and Bala the cutest? Comment you're favorite ship and vote if you enjoyed the chapter!

M&M