20. Bala

We all fight, side-by-side, Aygul and I working together to defeat as many as possible. I see out of the corner of my eye that Malhun has managed to open the door. A small smile makes its way onto my face as I see all the captives run outside to help Osman'm. A soldier attempts to slit my throat but I stab him just as I notice that Aygul is running towards Malhun as she falls to the ground. I gasp and run up next to her to check up on Malhun. Her face is pale and clammy, her hand shaking uncontrollably. I call Goktug to come and help while Aygul goes and takes his place.

"Malhun! Wake up! Malhun!" I cry out while gently patting her cheek. Goktug stands behind me, blocking any soldiers from attacking us. When I look up again, all the soldiers who had attacked are dead and Osman comes to stand behind me. I slowly nod to him. "Osman Bey, you go ahead, we will bring Malhun. Then we can see how to help her."

"Eyvallah, Bala'm, eyvallah. Goktug, you stay with Bala, Malhun, and Aygul." I watch as he starts leading the alps forward. Goktug moves forward and picks Malhun up easily and starts walking forward. Aygul and I walk next to him ready to protect them if anyone attacks. We follow Osman until we reach the tunnel through which we came from again. Aygul goes in first, then Goktug, and I follow from behind. After walking through the tunnel for a couple of minutes, we find ourselves outside at the edge of a forest where our horses are tied. Over there everyone reunites and meets each other properly now that we are out of danger. Goktug lays Malhun on the ground gently while Aygul grabs a canteen from her saddle. I kneel down next to her and start spraying water on her face. Osman comes up to where we are and also kneels down to where I am sitting.

"Bala, how is she doing? Will she be ok?" I turn to face him with a hesitant smile on my face.

"The poison must be removed from her hand... I don't know how much has spread..." I trail off, unable to say what is floating in my mind. "We must take her to the tribe immediately!" I exclaim to Osman. I'm hyperventilating, on top of my pregnancy exhaustion, this fight has taken every ounce of energy I had left. I have to keep going, for Malhun's sake, pull yourself together, Bala. You can't let Osman down, I tell myself. Osman nods and goes to retrieve Malhun's horse. Aygul gets up and starts telling everyone to prepare to start making their way to the tribe. When Osman returns with the horses, the alps make a couple of stretchers for the people who are unable to walk because of injuries. Goktug picks Malhun up and places her on one of the stretchers. Just as I am about to get on my own horse, Malhun's eyes flutter open, adjusting to the brightness of the outside.

Ahhh, this is so intense! Poor Bala must be exhausted! Do you think they'll be able to save Malhun in time? Comment down below what you think and don't forget to vote!

M&M