4. Goktug

Once Nikola and his men leave the tribe, Osman Bey orders me to go to the Cavdar Tribe to inform Aliyar Bey and his daughter Malhun Hatun about the attack. I dash towards the stables, hop onto my horse, and gallop into the distance. Thirty minutes later, the sound of drums welcome me into the tribe and I see Malhun and Yildiz baçi leaving their horses and walking towards the main tent. I realize what I must look like, with all the dirt and blood smeared over my face, the villagers surrounding me bombarding me with questions. I push my way through the crowd and up the steps. Malhun grabs my shoulder.

"Goktug, what happened to you? Are you okay?" she questions worriedly.

"Malhun, come in, I'll explain it to you once we're inside," my tone is grim, yet full of emotion.

"Can we come in, bey?" Malhun declares once we get to the entrance.

"Come in, my daughter," a voice said from inside. Aliyar Bey is sitting on his seat, sharpening his sword. "Goktug, my boy, what happened, why is there blood all over your hands and face?"

"Aliyar Bey, Kayi Tribe has been raided by Nikola, nearly all our tents are destroyed and burnt. Many are injured, including Bala Hatun, and many have been martyred." I almost choked on my words.

Will Aliyar Bey send help to the Kayi tribe? How would you feel if you were in this situation? Let us know what you think in the comments. And as always, don't forget to vote!

M&M