31. Osman

A few days after the feast, everyone has slipped back into their daily routines, but Cerkutay looks a little lost. Worried about my brother, I go up to him to see what's wrong.

"Kardeş'm, what's wrong? You seem a little lost..." He looks at me in surprise then grins. Then, to my surprise, he leans close to my ear and whispers.

"Bey'm, actually, you know Aygul... I will propose to the crazy girl! I will marry her! I-if you allow of course." After hearing this news, I am filled with happiness. I can go tell Bala'm that she was wrong and I had told her that Cerkutay and Aygul would end up together. But I'm also happy because Aygul, after going through the death of her brother and mother, deserved this much at least. I'm really glad she's somewhat healed from that trauma. Cerkutay also deserved someone to love his crazy self. I can't believe Bala didn't see this coming. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

"So, Bey'm, will you ask for Aygul's hand for me?" Cerkutay sort of begs. I feel a smile appearing on my face.

"Of course, Cerkutay, I will send Bala Hatun and Selcan Ana first thing in the morning. If you're lucky and Aygul accepts, you could be married before the end of the week, Cerkutay'm." I smirk at him and I see his face blush.

"Excuse me, Bey'm," he tries to leave, and I let him. I take a moment to myself on my chair before retreating to my room. I reflect on the way the last few weeks have played out. I remember the attack and how it affected so many. Then, I think of Bala'm telling me I will be a father. Our successful raid, Yildiz Abla and Emir Bey's good news. And to top it all off, the feast. I feel proud, I feel as though Ertugrul Bey'm would be proud of the way we've recovered. I hear Bala asking to come in.

"Come in, Bala'm." I reply.

"Bey'm, whenever you are free I would like to show you something," she says shyly. I see something tucked between her hands.

"Eyvallah, Bala, I'll come in. Give me a few minutes." I look at her gently and our eyes lock. She knows I'm taking time out for myself and excuses herself. I take a few more minutes to recollect my thoughts and then retire to our room. I spot Bala sitting on the bed gazing lovingly at something she holds in her hand.

We just had to add some CerAy into the story! What do you think Bala wants to show Osman? Let us know what you thought of this chapter and don't forget to vote!

M&M