13. Nikola

I exchange looks with Volkan who is sitting there watching my little chat with Gunduz Bey. Osman seems to appear everywhere.

"Welcome, Osman Bey. We weren't expecting you." I decide to stay on the safe side, choosing to hide the surprise I felt when I saw him. My blood boils as I watch Osman smirk and take a step forward. Where on earth were all the lazy guards and soldiers?

"Nikola, what is your plan? Do you think that one attack will deter the Kayi Tribe? I would die before allowing my baba's work to be destroyed in someone's hands like you. We lost a lot, but these people fought for their tribe and they shall be rewarded," Osman starts toward me. He keeps coming until I can feel his breath on my face. He whips out his dagger and lines it against my throat. My soldiers react quickly.

"Soldiers, stand down, this is between us. Stay out of this!" I sputter.

"Alplar (alps), keep your swords in their sheaths, now is not the time for fighting." Osman orders. "Now, you will give each and every alp back. If you don't, know that I will make life hell for you."

"Give me one good reason, I should do that, I have nothing to gain by giving back your useless alps and beys. Only Emir Bey will be useful to me. I can only bribe Malhun and Yildiz with him." I barter.

"Oy, watch your mouth! I tried negotiating with you, know this Nikola, next time I'll not only take my men but also the castle. You just wait and see." Osman claps back. Then with a flick of his wrist, he removes the dagger from my neck and walks out, his messengers following behind him.

"Vayyyy, Nikola. What was that, you let him leave here alive?" Volkan's voice catches me by surprise, I forgot he was sitting there the whole time.

"Shut up! Just shut up! I will make him pay for the way he treated me," I retort "Just watch and learn how to deal with these lands' most stubborn bey." I stand there glaring at the door through which Osman just made his way out.

Damnnn, Osman really showed Nikola his true self! Where do you want to see Nikola next? Comment below and don't forget to hit that vote button, it encourages us to keep writing!!

M&M