"Let's hurry so we can greet her upon her entry," I said.

"Like always," Zayn chuckles.

I smile at him and take Drew back into my arms as we start walking.

As we approach, we see Lauren's car drive in slowly, the gates closing behind it.

The car door opens and Lauren steps out as one of the guards enters the running car and drives it away.

"Lauren! You're back!" I speed walk up to her.

I lean up slightly and peck her lips but Lauren doesn't reciprocate my kiss and walks past me as she adjusts the sling of the rifle on her shoulder.

I look at Zayn with a knowing look who crosses his arms across his chest and frowns.

I catch up to Lauren and we both walk beside each other in silence.

"You're doing it again," I finally speak.

Lauren doesn't say anything as she just only sniffs, looking down at the ground.

"Why do you keep going to Washington? To the White House? You just keep hurting yourself instead of letting your pain heal," I said.

"Can you just leave me alone?!" Lauren snaps.

I back away from her as Andrew begins to cry in my arms, making me shush him while bouncing him up and down in my arms.

Lauren's face and posture soften as she looks around, feeling embarrassed for snapping in public.

"Forgive me, Camila," Lauren says. She steps closer and kisses the beanie Andrew is wearing as she fixes it. "I have to check up on everyone's stations and the supplies to make sure everything is okay," Lauren says.

"Lauren," I speak softly.

The green-eyed girl avoids my eyes and kisses the top of my head before walking away from me.

I stare at her retreating form before a hand touching my arm catches my attention and I turn to see Zayn.

"I think those trips to Washington are not getting her closure at all," Zayn says.

"I think the same," I said.

Later that night, Lauren and I get dressed for bed as Drew sleeps on our bed directly in the middle.

"We're all worried about you. I'm worried about you," I speak.

"There's nothing to be worried about," Lauren says.

"Yes, there is. We all think, especially Zayn and I, that those trips to Washington and the White House are not giving you any closure at all. You don't see Danai going to the White House every month for an entire week, she grieved too, she loved Andrew dearly but she let him go. It's what he would've wanted for you and her," I said.

Lauren sighs and sits down at her side of the bed, making me move and sit down beside her.

"He was killed in front of me," Lauren says.

"He gave his life for you," I correct.

Lauren takes in a deep shaky breath as I frown, taking her hand in mine.

"You never talked about it. I just know that he gave his life for you because he told the rest and I heard what the rest only saw but you never said what exactly happened," I said.

"I..." Lauren chokes on her words.

"Take your time, baby," I said.

"I've just finished killing the undead on my side. As you know, the President already died up to this point but I turn so I can watch James die and as the undead get him, he has a gun held up to me and as he goes down, he pulls the trigger..." Lauren trails off.