The White House

The five men hide in some bushes a little far away from the imposing White House that is heavily guarded with soldiers at the front with guns at the ready.

"How do we get in?" One of the men turns to the boss.

"The front is heavily guarded let's see if there's a side entrance," The boss says.

They all carefully run through the street, hiding behind cars and close buildings before they are finally at the side of the building.

Carefully creeping around a corner, they see five soldiers guarding the back entrance.

"We can take them out," The boss lowers his voice, turning to stare at his men.

"How?" One of them asks.

"Let's lure them over here," The boss says. He looks around and finds a good-sized rock as he moves and grabs it. He grips it and then throws it on the ground in front of him.

"What was that?" A soldier says.

"I'll check it out," Another says.

The boss of the small group waits until he sees the soldier's silhouette nearby before the boss launches out and grabs the soldier, turning his back to his front as he grips the soldier in a headlock. He grabs his handgun from his holster and points it at the other four soldiers. "Put your weapons down, all of them, before I shoot him," The boss says.

"Put them down," The captured soldier says.

The other soldiers look at each other before putting all their weapons on the ground and raising their hands in surrender.

"Kick them over here," The boss says.

The soldiers obey and kick their weapons over to the boss and with that secured, the boss's men come out and point their guns at the soldiers.

Before the soldiers can react the boss and his four men choke out the soldiers, gently setting them down on the floor.

"You don't think any other soldiers heard all of this, right?" One of the men says.

The five quiet down, hearing in and they sigh in relief when they hear nothing.

"Let's get in their uniforms, luckily they have full face masks," The boss says.

After taking the uniforms and gear off the soldiers, all five men change into them and discard the soldiers' bodies somewhere else before returning to the back entrance the soldiers were guarding.

"Now we wait," The boss says.

"They are military, James, why are they in the White House?" One of the men asks.

"We will see soon enough, Chris," James says.

"Also we don't know how military works, boss, what if they find out were infiltrators?" Another one of the men asks.

"We will figure it out," The boss says.

A couple of minutes later, the door opens and a higher-ranked soldier steps out.

"Soldiers," He says.

"Sir!" The five men say, saluting the high-ranked soldier.

"Your shift is done, head inside, there will be another small group taking over," The high-ranked soldier says and enters back inside.

The five men sigh in relief, glad that they greeted the soldier correctly.

"Okay let's head on inside," James says.

He moves and opens the door as they all pile through, James closing it behind them.

"Where do we go?" Chris asks.

James hums as he looks around, seeing other soldiers passing by.

"Let's just follow them," James says.

The five of them follow the other soldiers as they enter a room full of bunk beds.

At the sight of them, one of the soldiers walks up to them.

"Soldiers, is this your assigned room?" He asks.

"Oh... Uh..." James stutters.

The soldier looks at James' left sleeve. "Your room is next door, you're sleeve color is orange. The room colors are outside by the door," The soldier says.

"Oh, we're sorry sir," James says.

James and his men exit the room and then find the orange sign beside a door and enter that room.

"Ten bunks, there are five other men here," James says.

"Maybe the colors correspond to the transitions. Five men with orange sleeves guard someplace and then the other five take over," Chris says.

"That will make sense," James says.

"The high-ranked soldier didn't have a sleeve color though. Maybe the high ranks do something else," One of the men says.

"And we will find out what," James says.

A minute later, there's a knock on the open door and the five of them turn to see a high-ranked soldier.

"Evening, soldiers. The Honorable One has called everyone for a meeting, we will see you at the auditorium," The high-ranked soldier informs.

"And where is the auditorium again, sir?" James asks.

The high-ranked soldier stares at him seriously before chuckling softly. "I understand this place is huge, I sometimes get lost myself. Follow me," He says.

James and his men follow the high-ranked soldier into an auditorium.

"Sit in the row corresponding to your sleeve color," The high-ranked soldier says.

He salutes them and James and his men return it before sitting in their row and minutes later the other five orange-sleeved soldiers arrive and sit down in the row as well.

After the auditorium is filled, on the stage, a group of private security detail lines the back before a sharply dressed man comes out.

All the soldiers stand up and James and his men follow as they salute.

"Mr. President, sir!" Every soldier yells in unison.

James looks at his men in shock as they return it.

"The President?" James lowers his voice so only his men can hear.

"He's looking very well alive. The story they made when it was the outbreak was a damn cover-up," Chris speaks softly.

They quiet down as the President taps on the microphone and all the soldiers sit down, James and his men following.

"We have an update on the girl, we have found her location and we are now planning on moving in as quickly as possible," The President says.

James's men look at him confused and he holds up a finger.

James turns to the soldier beside him and lowers his voice. "Can you re-tell me what girl is the sir talking about?" He asks.

"There's supposedly an immune girl out there and the President has been searching for her ever since he got the report a couple of days ago. Even if it's outdated three years, he still has hope," The soldier informs.

"Thank you," James says.

"She was last known to be a resident at the community named The Empire, run by an ex-soldier Lauren Jauregui. The Empire was burned down and we have been looking into close-by communities and we have found out that she is holding up in a community named Alexandria, I have already sent out a group of soldiers to Pennsylvania. That is all I need to inform you all on," The President says.

James stares wide-eyed at the retreating form of the President as he can't believe what he just heard... Lauren Jauregui fucking lived.