Only Remain From The Past

Lauren's POV

After the group was finally able to relax being in Alexandria, Camila and I went back to the house where we deeply made love to each other, and now, we are lying naked, wrapped with the duvet and with each other's limbs as we cuddle.

"You know..." Camila speaks softly.

"Mhmm?" I hum.

I start to trace circles on her bare arm, making the brunette cuddle closer into me.

"We're dating and I know everything about you but not about your childhood. You said your dad was an alcoholic? How did that lure for you to meet Andrew?" Camila questions.

I begin to tell the story about my dad, how Andrew was a best friend to him, about Andrew taking care of me and my siblings while my dad put together his life, and about how Andrew taught me everything I know.

"Now he's the only person I got from my childhood," I finished.

"I want to meet him but on this level now as your father figure," Camila says.

"I'm pretty sure he would want to as well," I said.

Camila lifts her head and plants a tender kiss on my lips before laying her head back down on my chest. "We can stop by later. I just want to enjoy being in your arms right now," Camila says.

Later that day, Camila and I stand in front of Andrew's house front door as I knock softly.

Seconds later, the door opens, revealing Andrew and Danai.

"Lauren! And Camila! Come in, come in!" Andrew says.

I move to the side and Camila steps inside first, me right after her as Danai leads us into the dining room while Andrew closes the front door before following us.

"Thank you for having us for dinner," I said.

"It's a pleasure. I want my love and my daughter figure to connect on another level. And hopefully, Camila and I do too," Andrew says.

"I hope so too. Lauren has already told me about her childhood and how you played a big part in it," Camila says.

"And Lauren changed my life. I was best friends with her father and I suppose we had a kickass friendship as well but when I was entrusted her to be in charge of her and her siblings... Lauren and I grew closer. There was big potential in her and I saw it and I made sure that she was able to reach it. I gave her footing but she did it... All by herself," Andrew says.

I smile as a tear rolls down my cheek, making me wipe it away.

"I will serve dinner now," Danai speaks.

"Thank you, my love," Andrew says.

They share a quick but loving kiss as Danai gets up and serves us wine and our dinner.

"So Camila... I want to know. Was it hard for you to wiggle your way into Lauren's sight? I mean, you two look madly in love with each other," Andrew says.

Camila and I look at each other, sharing a bright smile as I grip her hand under the table and she laces our fingers.

"In a way, it was hard given that she didn't want to love due to her past marriage but... I managed," Camila says.

"Past marriage?" Andrew looks at me.

Once Danai is finished serving us, we three start to eat as I take a deep breath and begin to tell him about my late wife and how she was murdered, and at the mention of the Lost Blood community, I see Andrew's expression turn cold.

"That fucking community deserved to be killed off. They caused so much goddamn hurt to other communities," Andrew says.

His expression turns solemn as he holds his hand out to me across the table and I take it in my own.

"I'm sorry for what they did to you," Andrew says.

"Thank you and it's okay. I'm okay... I was finally able to put her to rest, my heart to rest. Releasing her from my life so I can move on," I said.

"As long as you don't forget her," Danai says, sitting down next to Andrew.

"She was my first wife, my first love. I will always have her in memory," I said.

Andrew releases his hand from mine as he starts to eat again and we all follow suit.

"Some say that your second love is the one for you," Andrew speaks after a while.

I glance at Camila and smile brightly. "And I'm goddamn sure she is," I said.

Camila smiles as she leans in and pecks my lips. "And you are mine," She says.

For the rest of dinner, we just talk about literally everything we can talk about, I wanted to tell Andrew everything about my life that he missed out on and while I'm at it, Camila could get to know me even more.

Once we finish, I get up as Camila stands up next to me causing Andrew and Danai to stand up.

"It's getting late we should be going. We still have that supply run in the morning you assigned me to," I said.

"Of course. I'll see you in the morning, my child," Andrew says.

We all share hugs and kisses on the cheek before Camila and I leave Andrew's house and start walking over to ours.

"You seem happy?" Camila speaks.

I bite my lower lip to hide the smile as I stop walking, causing her to stop, as I turn to face her.

"How can I not? I have you, my people, and now Andrew. The world we live in now may be the shittiest ever but... I have the most amazing people with me that make the flaws of this world seem perfect," I said.

"That was the single most beautiful thing you've ever said," Camila jokes.

I laugh as I pull her closer, wrapping my arms around her waist as she wraps her arms around my neck.

"I want you to be a part of me," I said.

"Are you proposing?" Camila smiles.

"I will. If I'm able to find a ring somewhere. If not... I don't care I still will," I said.

"I will await it then," Camila says.

"Andrew put us in charge of the supply run tomorrow. It's only supposed to be a small group and I already know who to bring. Do you want to come?" I ask.

"Sure why not. But who exactly are you bringing?" Camila asks.

"Dinah, Liam, Zayn, you and I. I'll leave Colson and Gerald to monitor over our people," I said.

"You don't trust Andrew or..." Camila laughs softly.

"It's just a habit I can't get over. I'm pretty protective," I said.

"And I love that about you baby. Now let's go home," Camila says.

"Wherever you are, that's my home," Lauren says.

Camila laughs as she rests her forehead against mine and runs our noses together. "I love you my maybe soon-to-be fiancee," She says.

"I love you too my maybe soon-to-be fiancee," I said.