IV

~~

'I can't believe that I'm thinking about this' is what runs through my mind as I walk down the stairs slowly, making sure I take my time reaching the living room, where I assume my friends are.

I think over Ivanna's words, much better than the last time when I ended up having a mini-panic attack. She'd said that Caroline, well Adriana, was in danger. What danger? And what if she was just lying to screw with my head? 

Well, if that's what she was aiming for, then she sure did. 

Because now all I could think about was the supposed danger Caroline was in if I didn't do as Ivanna asked, which was blackmailing.  

I think?

I reach the foot of the stairs and make my way to the living room only to find it empty. "Caroline! Where are you?" I shout.

I hear a faint voice shout back. "In the kitchen!"

I sigh and make my way out of the living room, past the stairs next to the foyer, and into the Kitchen where I find all three stuffing their face with alfredo. To be exact, my alfredo.

I announce my presence by stomping into the room, going straight to the stove where the dish lay empty. I turn to look at the culprits. "You ate my pasta?" I ask furiously. 

Nathan gulps, Caroline chokes and Sebastian grins. 

I glare at all three of them. 

Sebastian mocks, "Well, technically, it's my pasta."

I narrow my eyes at him. "And how exactly did that happen?"

He shakes his head. "Because I made it."

I freeze. And then smile sweetly and say, "Potato. Potahto."

He doesn't fall for it and instead rolls his eyes. He gestures to a bowl covered with a lid that was kept on the far side of the kitchen counter. "And, if you had waited for a minute before blowing up about the lack of pasta, then I could have told you that we left some for you."

I snort."No, you wouldn't."

He grins. "Yeah, you're right."

I roll my eyes and smack his bicep before rushing to my pasta. I slide the lid off the bowl and come face to face with my pasta. And god, did it look good. 

It was exactly my type. Cheesy, gooey, and creamy.

I sigh dreamily as I breathe in the delicious smell that wafted from the bowl. I look at the others sporting expressions of amusement. I shrug, pick up some cutlery and take a seat opposite Caroline. 

I spear some of the pasta and bring it to my mouth, moaning as the taste invades my senses. I turn to Sebastian and say, "I'm hiring you as my personal pasta maker chef."

He shakes his head and sighs. "That's not a thing, Eliana."

I cock an eyebrow. "Well, it is now."