About This Book

Acknowledgement of Country

I want to acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land this story was written on: the Wulgurukaba and Bindal people. I pay my respects to their Elders past, present, and emerging. I extend that respect to any other Aboriginal peoples, Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and First Nations Peoples from which my readers read this story on.

Disclaimers

This is the sequel (Book 2) to Vulnerable. It has a higher age rating and explores some intense themes. Please review the warnings section to make sure this book is for you.

Age Rating

17+

Upload Schedule

New chapters weekly. Updated on Saturdays AEST.

Other Books

This is the second book in the Magic Mutations Series. You must read Vulnerable before reading this book. The next story is Salvage (coming... eventually).

Topics

A variety of triggering topics are explored in this book. These include: love; magic; rape (not glorified); depression; sex; death; violence; and friendship.

Warnings

This book contains depictions of some themes or events that may be triggering to some. If any of these may cause problems for you, please do not read this book (try some of my more light-hearted ones instead).

Themes include:

Sex: a couple depictions of sex and descriptions of the activitiy. Not thorough smut, but I have not shied away from this topic in this book.

Rape: one depiction of it and discussions surrounding. Most certainly not glorified.

Violence: many depictions of blood, gore, fighting, and harm to others (because vampires).

Moderate use of profanity

Depression and self-harm: no descriptions of self-harm being done in the book, though references to it in the past. This is not glorified.

Reading Directions

This story contains three parts, told in a somewhat nonlinear fashion. I recommend reading it in the order as published.

Part 3 is told in a 24 hour period of December after Vulnerable ends.

Part 1 is told across 6 months, the plot events occurring before Vulnerable begins.

Part 2 is told during the same almost two years of Vulnerable, capturing the events from Lukas's Point of View.