Have fun

I've always wanted to be here, I tell myself. About five times. A lesson.

This is all I've ever dreamed of. But what if my dream didn't live up to my expectations?

Or maybe it was people, people who disappointed me.

"Mrs Black?"

One person in particular I miss. His absence in my heart is like a hole being dug up. And knowing that while I think of him, he thinks of Pansy-

"Mrs Black"

I look at him, my lips curling up uncontrollably as I see his light eyes, his hand through his hair. He's standing against his desk, his gaze lost on his notebook, but when I blink his eyes are on me. He smiles softly without realising it, and-

"Mrs Black!" a sharp voice brings me back to reality. I divert my eyes from him and look up at Professor Slughorn who's standing near me, now. Everyone in the class is looking at me and I feel my face heating up.

"I'm sorry, Professor." He follows my gaze and finds Draco, who's still looking at me.

Slughorn smiles, he doesn't seem angry. "Ah, young love" he starts, and something in my stomach flips. "You remind me of an old couple I had years and years ago. They were madly in love, you know, but realised it very late, and life... life had different plans for them."

When the lesson ends, I stay behind, hoping to catch up on my feelings. All I'm doing is studying and I can't get bad marks in my OWLs just for my stupid and naïve heart.

I'm about to put all my books inside my bag, when I feel a cold hand on my wrist, and I don't even have to look up to know who that is. His fingers are carved in my memory as everything else of him.

"Draco" I say, trying to hide my surprise, but without looking at him. I know what he does to me when I do.

"Olivia" my name rolls on his tongue as a sweet honey liquid. I gulp, still looking down, frozen.

"Please look at me" he places his long fingers on my chin, gently forcing me to stare into his irises. To see his face this close to me after all these weeks, to smell his cologne, to be able to notice the small silver lights inside his eyes: everything of this seems like a dream, to me, because my dreams are full of him.

"I didn't mean to hurt you" he says. I nod. "It was Harry's fault, not yours for saying the truth." I don't want to make him feel bad. "I didn't mean... that. I meant for everything." He pauses, taking a second to get lost inside my eyes. I have to force myself not to touch his face.

"I didn't want to ruin everything, I always do, I'm sorry. And I didn't think about what I was doing when I spoke like that in the classroom." I know he doesn't find easy talking like this to me.

"All I wanted to do afterwards was... hug you tight and never let you go. You seemed so... lonely, and lost, and I wanted to brush off everyone and be with you."

His words rest in my heart like a tired bird rests on a tree. I bite my tongue not to smile.

"I know you don't like hearing me say it, but-" Here we go. But this time, he deserves me.

"Wait, Draco, you need to know. I didn't run away because I don't like you, or because I'd changed my mind. I just..." I gulp "I was afraid, terrified you didn't deserve someone like me. Because you could have so much better, and I'm messy, and I'm full of paranoids, and you will grow tired of me."

He's staring at me so surprised that I think he will open his mouth.

"You cannot believe that for real, Via. How could I ever grow tired of you? I don't expect you to be perfect because, God, nobody is! Me less than ever. But I chose you because you're you, and it sounds like a banality but it is the genuine truth."

"I love you" I let slip, my eyes wet with him. "I love you, Draco."

He seems to be saying something, but he thinks better: he grabs my face gently and kisses my lips, making me close my eyes and run my hands on his face, through his hair, on him. Because he's all I've ever wanted, needed and chosen. And I will always choose him.

"I love you" he whispers against my lips, looking straight into my eyes. "I love you" he repeats.

He takes my hand, smiling like he hasn't done for a while, and when I realise I am the reason the butterflies in my stomach get crazy.

"I've missed you so fucking much" I confess. "Tell that to me" he kisses my cheek, and then we head to the Slytherin Common Room together, finally.

When we arrive in front of the door, though, we find a surprise we didn't exactly wish for. I already imagined his hands on me.

"Olivia, we were waiting for you" Daphne says, standing near Luna. She smiles kindly, as she always does, to me. And I'm tired, I'm so tired of being angry, at myself and the world. So all I do is smile.

"Hey, I missed you" I say, holding on to Draco. They hug me, and Draco seems annoyed, but I chuckle into their hair.

"We wanted to-" "Girls, can you do this later? Olivia and I are busy" Draco says, urgently.

Daphne widens her big eyes and Luna blushes, but they nod. Daphne giggles and whispers me, "Have fun".

And then Draco and I are left alone, in his room- Crabbe and Goyle are in Hogsmeade, and he locked the door.

"You can't imagine the things I'm dying to do you" he whispers to me. I'm already liquid under his touch, but I manage to smirk. "Show me."