Damn it

The weeks have passed and tonight is Halloween. I know everyone's looking forward to the party, also because no one else organised anything else and we've all been having a lot of homework to do so we need to have a bit of fun.

Daphne, Astoria and I decide together how to dress. Daphne wears a long, blue dress, Astoria's got a light blue one (they both match with their eyes) and I've got a dark green, quite short one. I know Hermione's dress will be pink while Ginny's will be colourful. The boys are going to wear black or white suits.

"Do I really have to be here" I mutter to Daphne and Astoria. They smile at me and once again I'm struck by their looking so much alike, even though Astoria's eyes are lighter, as her hair.

"Draco will be" Astoria says with a confident tone. I raise my eyebrows. "Oh really? I thought he had organised this party just for Pansy, you know!" I joke. Daphne snickers. "So funny" Astoria says "we all know in reality you're uncomfortable with Draco being so close to her." "She's uncomfortable with Draco being close to anyone" Ginny enters the conversation.

"Gin!" Astoria hugs her. "How is it going?" she asks. "Except I'm at a Slytherin party where no Gryffindor was originally allowed to come, very well, thanks." "I tried to make him change his mind" I murmur, sorry. Ginny smiles at me. "I know. And at the end he did, didn't he?" "Well he was kinda forced" Daphne tries to say but i elbow her. "Yes he did!" I exclaim.

"Who are you here with? Your brother I guess" I change topic. She nods. "Ron, Mione, Harry, Luna and Neville are here and Mione wanted to bring me too. I couldn't say no given the fact that you're here" she says to Astoria, who smiles back at her.

They leave us and I'm left with Daphne, or so I think. When I turn I realise she's off to talk with Cedric and I'm completely alone even in a group of people this large.

"Are you lost" I hear Harry's voice behind me and I chuckle. "Yes and I would definitely need a knight to save me!" I squeak. He grins. "I was waiting for you to say so, Miss" he gives me his hand and I take it, and we're suddenly dancing like everyone else here.

I feel relaxed and happy until I notice Draco staring at us as he would murder us both. I immediately grip Harry's shoulders. "Are you okay?" he asks. I nod. "I just... I just need to take a glass of water" I murmur, and I leave him before he understands what's going on.

I'm breathing hard when Draco's hand places on my waist. "I didn't think you would come" he murmurs. "I didn't either" I reply, turning to face him. His touch on my bare skin is making me dizzy. He forces my chin up and I look at him.

"You're beautiful" he says, looking at my body quickly then coming up to my face. He's wearing a white suit and looks absolutely perfect, but I only murmur a "Thanks". He looks at me for a few seconds, before sighing. "What happened between us two" he asks, almost to himself. "It's only your fault" I answer "I didn't want it to end." "It's not..." he stops. "I don't wanna talk about this." "Typical" I mutter, under my breath. I can't stop looking at how gorgeous his body looks inside that candid suit but I force myself to stay calm. He doesn't deserve it.

"Who told you to come, uh? Potter?" he murmurs, gripping his teeth. "Leave me" I say. "Go back to those Third year girls or Pansy, for what it matters." He smiles. "Are you jealous?" "You like this don't you" I say. "You're just playing with me. I'm not a fucking toy and there is someone else who doesn't think I am like you do" I snap. He seems taken aback.

"Now don't say it's my fault if you flirt with Potter." "It is. I literally do everything for you. And you turn to me just when you're bored. Or to play at the protective boyfriend game." "Damn it" he says, drinking at once what is inside a random glass. "I'm done for tonight." "Weren't you already" I mutter, watching him walk away.

"Yo, Black! Are you having fun?" I hear Fred and George saying to me. I force myself to smile at them and nod. "Didn't seem so" Free notices and I stare at him. "Leave her alone you two" Hermione says. Ron's twins siblings chuckle and leave and Ginny appears from nowhere.

"Are you okay?" the ginger one asks. I nod. "Oh yes. Yes. Totally." I know they don't believe me, probably also because I've just put down two glasses of alcohol.

"Why don't you take your revenge on Draco?" Hermione murmurs, looking at him talking with Astoria. "God! He's literally flirted with every single girl here tonight" Ginny says, disgusted. "I didn't think he was like that, honestly."

"I didn't either" I reply. They both exchange looks.

"Shall we play a game? Harry, my siblings, some Slytherin guys and Daphne are up to it, too" Ginny exclaims. I glance over at Draco, and then at Harry, and before I can realise it, I'm nodding vehemently.

"Let's play a game."