Isn't Malfoy too

My eyes hurt when I wake up, probably because of all the tears I've shed. I really need to stop letting me get harmed from everyone in my life that treats me badly. The thing is, I wasn't used to it before Hogwarts. Even though I'd never turn back, I'd do anything to forget this unbearable pain which is tearing my heart apart.

Draco betrayed me. Dad betrayed me. Mom betrayed me.

I'm alone.

Plates and glasses clanging together remind me suddenly that there's another person in my life, and in this house, that even though hasn't behaved well with me is still there. Harry.

I quickly run down the stairs, not even caring about my hair or Christmas pyjamas, because Harry has seen in worse conditions. I know it's him because Dad never has breakfast this early.

When I arrive in the kitchen, I breathe deeply the pleasing smell of coffee and pancakes- I know Harry's baked them because he knows I'm here, everyone is aware they are my favourite food.

"Hi Harry" I murmur, sitting down at the table. I start playing with the pancakes in my plate with my fork, looking at him. He turns and smiles at me and I feel my heart warming up at his expression, smiling too at him.

"Good morning there" he says. He pauses for a moment. "Sirius told me what happened yesterday night." "When" I ask lowly. "When you fell asleep, he came in my room and wanted to talk. It was about 3 am, I believe. In fact, I can't understand how we're both already up."

"Probably a costume" I nod. Then frown. "What do you think about it" he knows I'm not talking about our waking up early. He sighs, letting himself on the chair in front of me, sipping from his cup of coffee.

"I think what Sirius did wasn't completely wrong" I sigh, I expected it. "But things got heated up very quickly, didn't they? I mean, Malfoy and all those Death Eaters-" "What?" I look at him, my mouth forming a small 'O'. He shrugs. "Dad said" he always mistakes Sirius for his father "that all the people in that room were Voldemort's supporters 14 years ago, and he thinks they probably still are, that's why they met up. You heard what McGonagall told us."

I pass a hand in my loose hair, touching the end of the caramel chunks which is just below my chest.

"I don't... Death Eaters is the name of His supporters, right? I don't think Draco or his family..."

"You thinking that is just as obvious as they supporting Him, actually" he notices. I roll my eyes. "I'm sorry if I want to defend my... Draco" I scoff. He leans in.

"So a room of Death Eaters, a Gryffindor whose best friend is dead because of them and whose other best friend is a half blood, a Slytherin who should have been a Gryffindor and her... uh, House companion?" Harry sums up. "Can't say I'm surprised that things escalated."

We sit on the sofa, leaving everything on the table for now. I nod. "Okay, when you put it like that. Although, I really thought Dad was making an effort with Draco and Mom." "I honestly thought that too and I couldn't see why" he smirks. I roll my eyes again. "So now it's just two of us huh? Old times" he grins, passing an arm around my shoulders. I lie my head on his clavicle, breathing his smell which is like home to me. It always has been.

"I'm sorry" he murmurs "for everything I put you through at Hogwarts." I smile softly. "Water under the bridge" I reassure him, even though the pain caused by the things he said is still alive in the depths of my heart.

"What's gonna happen once we're back at Hogwarts?" he asks. "Let's just think about now, for now" I sigh, closing my eyes.

Suddenly, the smell of rain and grass enters my nose, and I wrinkle it, opening my eyes and at once knowing Dad has been out tonight.

He enters the kitchen from the small door behind. "I went out tonight" he says. "With Remus. It was a full moon actually." "Just like old times heh?" Harry smiles. "We were just missing someone" Dad looks at him with pure nostalgia in his eyes and I know their hearts are a bit breaking right now. They even spend James and Lily's birthday mourning. Actually, they do it for every single friend of Dad of his youth at Hogwarts (the so called Marauders plus Lily's friends). I joined sometimes. It's very sad, but Dad also makes it funny.

"Olivia, are you okay?" Dad asks. I am about to answer but there is a loud knock on the door. "Oh God, I can't believe this" Dad rolls his eyes, but is smiling. Remus enters our kitchen, smelling of nature. "I realised I haven't seen Olivia in ages" he explains.

He beams at me and Harry. "Hiya kids. Howdy?" I smile back and Harry does the same. He probably doesn't stand up because I'm on his shoulder and that's fine by me.

"How was tonight?" Remus and Harry ask contemporaneously. I laugh briefly.

"Not bad" Dad answers, just when I'm saying "very bad." We laugh again.

"Sirius told me how he ruined your chances with that Malfoy boy heh?" Remus scuffs my hair. I look up at him, resigned. "Is it really that bad" I murmur. "I don't know, depends on how serious you two were." I think about what we did together and I blush.

"Quite a bit" I answer, ignoring Harry's face.

"Everything's gonna workout then" Remus grins. Dad pats him on the back. "Don't encourage her" he mutters "I knew growing up with that crazy woman couldn't do well to her." I can't see whether he's joking or not.

"Well look what growing with this crazy man made me do!" I say, pretending to be scandalised. "You couldn't even make me end up in your House."

Remus laughs. "I always said Slytherins weren't that bad." "Says the man who started the pranks on Snivellus." "Severus" Remus corrects Dad, raising an eyebrow. "And that's not how I remember it." "Of course." They always bitter like an old married couple and it's pretty hilarious to be honest.

"How fun would it be to prank on Snape" Harry sighs, dreamily. "Shush, Olivia probably loves him." I look at Dad. "Why would I. He's mean." "Isn't Malfoy too" Harry chuckles. I stand up. "He's not! He's a good person. He just isn't used to showing that." "Okay" Remus nods, glancing at Dad's. "Maybe your mother was right, we never should have sent you to Hogwarts, you were a good Gryffindor before it!" Dad jokes. I place my hands on my hips. "Ha ha."