Spin the fucking bottle

"Who chose the game?" Daphne complains. I smile. "I did." Harry turns to look at me. "Look who's grown up now" he jokes. "Shut up. I don't think you're used to this either." We're just messing around but I know Draco isn't liking this. If he's listening to this, obviously. He decided to play last minute.

"So who shall start?" Ginny raises her hand and I smile. "Spin the bottle then" I say. The glass bottle spins and then stops, indicating, with its neck, Luna. She smiles. "Go on" she says. Ginny leans over and kisses her lips, and we all cheer.

"My turn" Luna says. I didn't think she could be like this but I love this side of hers.

After Luna has kissed Neville, and he has kissed Ron (we all laughed), and Ron has kissed that one Romilda Vane (Hermione didn't seem so happy then), she leaves, probably because she only played to kiss Harry and not his friend. At this point, everyone asks for me to spin the bottle, and I blush. "Why me" I mutter. "Because you're the one who chose the game" Daphne says, in an obvious tone.

I see Draco has turned his attention to the playing now, after spending the whole game with Pansy smiling like an idiot at him. He's mouthing at me, 'Don't.' But I'm so fucking tired of his shit.

"'Kay then" I murmur. "Spin the fucking bottle." I smile imperceptibly and my smile grows bigger when the bottle lands on Harry. He grins at me.

I glance over at Draco and he seems frozen. "Via, are you sure of this? I don't think Malfoy would-" Hermione whispers in my ear, trying to stop me. I know she's only doing this for me but I roll my eyes. "Who cares what he wants" I reply, sort of hoping he hears it. Everyone shuts up and the end of my sentence sounds loud between us.

Draco looks at me, tightens his jaw and leaves, followed by Pansy, who's snickering.

"That leaves us" Harry says, trying to move the attention from me to him, and I appreciate him for this. "You're kidding" I say. "What? You mean... You just sent to hell your relationship with Malfoy for nothing?" Astoria asks, and everyone else seems to agree. I look down.

"Seems so. I won't kiss you, Harry. I'm sorry."

I start to walk away ignoring others' looks, and I hear Ron exclaiming "Let's spin the bottle again, shall we? Let's see who else should kiss Harry." The laugh of Ginny tells me she's the chosen one, but I'm already out the hall.

I've honestly dealt with Draco flirting with Pansy, Astoria and kind of every single Slytherin girl who's got a crush on him for too much. Why didn't I kiss Harry? Draco deserves it. I've been too naive, believing he was actually a good person to me. He's done nothing but hurt me for the last few weeks. But maybe, his treating me bad isn't enough to control what my heart feels for him. If I could choose my feelings, I would definitely fall for someone else.

I'm walking to the Dorm, but suddenly I hear a light breathing coming from the male bathrooms, and already fearing what I might find there, I enter them.

I almost immediately see Draco, standing with his elbows on the basin, looking at the mirror in front of him. He doesn't realise I'm here and I listen to his deep but shattered breaths for a few seconds, before he turns to look at me.

He slightly smiles. "Had to know this." "Why do you do this?" I start. "Can you tell me, please? I'm not ready to give you up." He seems slightly softened by this last sentence. It's amazing how much I can think I don't like him, but then, when I talk to him, all my genuine thoughts come to life. It's embarrassing, really.

I feel his eyes entering my soul and analysing it. "Are you really asking me why I behave like this, Black?" "Can you stop calling me like that?" I ask, annoyed and afraid of his serious answers.

"You've become just like them. You were the only one I had a hope for. I knew you and Potter knew but I didn't think you would have prejudices against me, or us for what it matters, already" he ignores me. "What? Are we not good enough for you little princess? Did you think you would end up in Gryffindor like your 'daddy'? he mocks. "You are just a spoiled little bitch. You have always had everything in your stupid life and still complain and want something more. You are so... frustrating." "I think you made it pretty clear you hate me" I murmur. I feel a pang in my heart but I don't say anything.

On the contrary, he smiles slightly and looks at me, then down.
"It would be so much easier, right? If we hated each other, just like Potter and I do." "Harry doesn't-" "I can't stand you" he interrupts me abruptly, his jade eyes suddenly darkened.
"Draco- ?" I say, confused.
"I don't even have you" he whispers.
"I thought... My family just wants me to be the perfect heir. I'm disappointing them all! I thought I was good enough for you. I didn't think- that Potter's idea of me would influence you this much. I believed you to be smarter than this."

I'm awestruck and I can't respond anything.

He gives me a last, long, half disappointed and half resigned look, before walking out the bathroom.