Past Encounter

Flashback Y/N POV

I duck under an Ursa Paw and behead it. Its body crumbles to dust as I sigh in relief.

Y/N: "And that makes one hundred."

I holster my sword and rub my aching shoulder. Suddenly the sky darkens, crap hope it's not more Grimm. I prepare for the worst when I see the gods walking to me. I quickly get on my knee showing my respect.

Light: "Rise child."

I nod and do as I'm told.

Y/N: "Forgive my rudeness but shouldn't you guys be at your temples?"

Darkness: "We've come in search of you."

Y/N: "Why me?"

Light: "Because you are by far the most skilled human we've encountered."

Darkness: "Which is why we believe you're the best choice."

Y/N: "Choice for what?"

Light: "To wield our power."

I reel back beyond shocked.

Y/N: "What do you mean your power?"

Darkness: "There's a great evil in this land. So we'll bestow upon you our power to defeat it."

Light: "We had someone else but we fear they have already failed."

Darkness: "But it's still your choice if you want our power."

I look down in deep thought. I then get on my knee.

Y/N: "If it's to help you then I'll gladly accept your power."

Both Light and Dark tap my forehead. I then feel this huge influx of power.

Y/N: "So this is the power of the gods."

Light: "We've given an incredible gift."

Darkness: "Do not fail us."

Y/N: "I won't."

Light: "Now, it's time you know what happened."

My mind is suddenly filled with images with a deep story connected to it. When it stops I hold my slightly pounding head.

Light: "We have given you everything you need."

Darkness: "Go now and may Oum guide you."

They leave through a beam as I head to find a man named Ozma. I reach the nearest town and walk around.

Y/N: "Excuse me, have you seen a man with white hair, possibly has a staff by his side?"

Woman: "Nope."

I walk away and head further into town.

Man: "Never seen anyone like that."

Woman2: "Sorry."

Man2: "Don't recall seeing anyone like that."

I hang my head and sigh, this is gonna be harder than I thought. Suddenly a hand is placed on my shoulder.

???: "Follow me."

I do and am led to a tavern. The figure sits down and lowers his hood.

Ozma: "Heard you were looking for me."

Y/N: "Yes."

Ozma: "Why?"

Y/N: "I was tasked by the gods to stop a woman named Salem. I figured you'd be my best shot at getting to her."

Ozma: "So you too are in service to the gods. It's good to know that I'm not working alone."

Y/N: "So how do you plan on doing this?"

Ozma: "I've managed to gather that she's hold up in a land just north of the kingdom. It'll be tough to get in what with Grimm surrounding the area."

Y/N: "If we work together then we won't lose."

He smiles and we head north to Salem's hideout. We sit on a cliff overlooking a small castle.

Y/N: "You weren't kidding, there's a lot of Grimm."

Ozma: "We'd need an army just to get close."

Y/N: *smiles* "Or me."

He tilts his head as I ride down the cliff. I activate the light side of my power and cross my arms. I then wave them sending out two beams of light that evaporate every last Grimm. I look behind me to see Ozma joining me.

Ozma: "Just how much power do you have?"

Y/N: *shrugs* "I don't know."

We enter the castle and carefully search each room. Eventually we're left with one last room.

Y/N: "Ready?"

Ozma: "Always."

I kick open the door to see Salem sitting on her throne looking out the window.

Salem: "So you've finally made it."

Y/N: "Your time's up Salem."

I activate my light and rush at her. She quickly gets off her throne and makes a sword. I twist to the side as it comes down and kick her in her face. She grabs my ankle when I fire a blast in her face. 

Her face heals itself as she throws me into the wall. Ozma fires a blast of magic hitting her back. Salem turns around and fires a beam of magic at Ozma. I sneak up behind her and bring my sword down on her. 

She manages to catch my blade and throws me into Ozma. We get to our feet as Ozma fires another beam of magic while I turn into an Beringel and run towards Salem. Her eyes shine and I stop dead in my tracks. 

Her voice whispers in my head but it quickly goes away. I run at her which surprises her. I bring my fist down causing her to use both hands to block me. This causes the beam of magic to strike her and send her crashing into her throne.

Salem: "Enough!"

Shadowy hands sprout from the ground and grab Ozma. I jump forward dodging the hands. I then rush at Salem as she goes to defend herself. I slam my fists down breaking her defense; I grab her neck ready to end her.

Salem: "I won't die today."

She fires a massive blast that levels the castle. I push the rubble off me to see the castle is no more. I walk to the side and see Ozma's broken staff which has blood on it. I then look forward to see tracks leading into the distance.

I look at them and notice they're from heels, that means she's still alive. I snort in anger before just leaving the area. When I get close to town I untransform and think out loud.

Y/N: "If Salem's alive then she's no doubt she has a grudge against me. I think it'll be for the best I lie low and try not to make myself known."

I nod to myself and head into into a small town named Vale.