Training

Y/N POV

I remain still and focus my hearing. My ears pick up two sets of feet coming my direction. I open my eyes to see Ren and Jaune running towards me. I aim my gun when Nora sneaks up behind me and swings her hammer into my knee.

I fall to my knee to spot Jaune and Ren bringing their weapons down on me. I use my sword to block them when Ruby and Nora slam their weapons down on me. I block them with my gun as the four students smile thinking they won.

I match their smile and drop to my back. I spin around kick Jaune and Ruby away then throw myself backward as Ren and Nora's weapons land where I just was. I get up only to barely dodge gunfire from Ren.

My foot is shot out by Ruby making me land on my back. I go wide eyed and roll backwards avoiding Nora's hammer. I plant my hands on the ground and spin around kicking her away from her hammer.

I holster my weapons and equip Nora's hammer. Ruby and Ren fire at but I spin Nora's hammer dodging and deflecting their bullets. I feel something coming up from behind me and twist to the side. Jaune's sword hits the ground while I give Nora's hammer a good swing. 

I hit Jaune's chest plate sending him across the ground. With my attention still on Jaune Ren takes out my legs. I fall down but plant my hands on the ground and spring back to my feet. As I land I bring my foot down on Ren who uses his guns to block me.

He forgets that I have a hammer which I slam into his ribs winding him. I simply push him onto his back and face Ruby. Pure determination fills her eyes as she cocks back her scythe. I hold the hammer back when she bursts into rose petals. 

I become surprised when she reappears in front of me. She swings her scythe which I'm barely able to block. We enter a stalemate when I use my foot to sweep her leg. She falls and hits her head  on the ground. I sling the hammer over my shoulder and look at my students.

Y/N: "You kids are definitely improving. You're learning the value of teamwork and that's important. A foe stands no chance against a group of fighters who can work as one."

They get up and I hand Nora her hammer back. They begin walking away to get washed up for dinner. Later that day I chop vegetables when Nora speaks up.

Nora: "You think there's gonna be that many people? Because this is a lot of food."

Y/N: "Who knows. It's better to be safe than sorry."

Qrow: "I've come back."

Ruby: "Okay."

I look to the side and notice the food is being overcooked.

Y/N: "You're gonna burn that."

Ruby: "No I'm not."

As she says that the food begins smoking.

Ruby: "Fine, you take over."

I use my free hand to maintain the food while Ruby heads into the living room. After hearing something break I run into the living room to see what's wrong. I become relived seeing that everything's okay. I then become shocked seeing Weiss and Yang.  

Y/N: "You girls sure are a sight to see."

They look at me and run to hug me.

Yang: "It's good to see you again professor Y/N."

Y/N: "Come on Yang, we're not in school."

Weiss: "Either way, it's good to see you again."

Ren: "It's ready."

Y/N: "Let's eat."

After eating we head into the living room. There we fill Weiss and Yang in about everything we learned.

Ozpin: "Does this match what your mother said?"

Yang: "Except what you did to her and Qrow."

Ozpin: "Like the Maidens I too possess magic. I used mine to give the Branwens twins the ability to move past the limitations of their bodies."

Ruby: "Why not do this to others?"

Ozpin: "Because my power is dwindling. My intention wasn't to lie to you. I just like to keep certain things close to my chest. The Branwens made their choice and now you must too. Will you continue to fight knowing the threat that lies ahead?"