Trip To Mt. Glenn

Y/N POV

The Monday after the dance I head to the auditorium to listen to Ozpin's boring speech. I fall asleep through it all and awaken when everyone starts leaving. I look around when I see Ozpin talking to team RWBY. When they walk away I head for Ozpin.

Y/N: "What was all that about?"

Ozpin: "Just wishing them luck on their mission."

Y/N: "Oh? What'd they choose?"

Ozpin: "A search and destroy one."

Y/N: "That's usually reserved for third years."

Ozpin: "I decided to make an exception this one time."

Y/N: "Those are my students Oz, if anything happens to them-"

Ozpin: "They won't be going alone. You'll be watching over them from a distance."

Y/N: "You planned this didn't you?"

Ozpin: "What if I did?"

I cross my arms and begin walking away.

Y/N: "I'm putting trust into you again Oz, don't let me down."

I head out of Beacon and see team RWBY's bullhead leaving. I turn into a Vultling and take flight after them. After a few minutes they land on the mountain city Glenn. I perch on top of a collapsed building as Oobleck begins yelling at Ruby.

Oobleck: "Miss Rose, I thought said to leave all bags at Beacon."

Ruby: "You did. But you also didn't say to listen to you at that point. So I didn't."

Oobleck: "Hmm, you've got a point. Very well then, leave your bag here and we'll collect it when we leave."

Ruby: "But-"

Oobleck: "Miss Rose, what's in that bag that's so important that you-"

He's cut off by a black and white corgi poking its head out of the bag.

Oobleck: "We're in a dangerous environment teeming with death, and you brought a dog?"

Ruby: "I-"

Oobleck: *snatches dog* "Truly genius! Dogs are famous for their hearing and smelling. Which means they're perfect for missions such as ours."

Ruby: "I'm a genius."

The others roll their eyes when they spot a Beowolf crawling out of a building. They withdraw their weapons but get stopped by Oobleck.

Oobleck: "It's unaware of us so don't attack."

Ruby: "So what do we do?"

Oobleck: "Beowolves travel in packs. So we wait and watch this lone Beowolf. Hopefully it'll lead us right to its pack."

Yang: "How long's that gonna take?"

Oobleck: "Uncertain. Beowolves are known to stray for weeks if not months. We'll just have to- and the pack showed up."

I look down the street to see the whole Beowolf pack running towards them.

Ruby: "What'd we do professor?"

Oobleck: "Show me what you kids can do."

They nod and each rush forward to take out a Beowolf. Yang punches one into the air before launching it into three more Beowolves. Ruby slices two Beowolves in half before using her semblance to go over the two slain Beowolves and kill a third Beowolf. 

Weiss sends out a wave of ice which freezes the charging pack. Blake then spins her blade in a wide circle cutting all the frozen Beowolves in half. I smile, they've really improved. They all group up with Oobleck who's studying a flower.

Oobleck: "Good work girls, but now's not the time to celebrate. For this is surly the first fight of many to come."

They check another sector while I fly above them watching everything. When the sun sets I fly to their campsite and perch above them.

Oobleck: "Splendid work today girls. But there's still a lot of ground to cover. For now eat and go to sleep. You'll also need someone to take first watch while the others rest, any takers?"

Ruby: "I got it."

She gets up and sits near a hole in the wall. While she does that everyone else settles in for bed. I turn into a different Grimm and settle down myself. As I yawn Oobleck joins me in the rafters. We lock eyes when he looks at me with a magnifying glass and flips through a book.

Oobleck: "You're an interesting little Grimm. You're not in the book, are you undiscovered perhaps?"

I roll my eyes and scurry away from him. Now unbothered I settle down and go to sleep for the day.