The Initiative

Y/N POV

I open my locker and withdraw my weapons. I put my gun in the holster on my thigh and fold up my sword to hang from my side. Closing the locker I hear Ruby speaking.

Ruby: "Secondly, I don't need friends to grow up. I drink milk."

Y/N: "That only toughens your bones."

They spot me as I lean on some lockers.

Yang: "Thank you. Besides, what about when we form teams?"

Ruby: "Then I'll just be on a team with you or something."

Yang: "Maybe not?"

Ruby: "Are you implying you don't wish to be on a team with me?"

Yang: "I simply think it'll benefit you better if you're on a team with other people. You know, get you outta your shell."

Ruby: "That's ridiculous."

P.A: "All first years report to Beacon Cliff."

I stand up and head to the mentioned location.

Ozpin: "All of you will have your skills tested here in the Emerald Forest. But have no fear, you won't be alone."

Blonde: "You'll all be getting teammates... today."

Ozpin: "The first person you see after landing will be your teammate. When a pair's formed head to the northern end of the forest. There you'll find and bring back a relic. Kill anything that stands in your way or you'll die. Any questions?"

Boy: "Uh sir?"

Ozpin: "Good, get ready."

Everyone's launched leaving me the only one. 

Y/N: "What gives?"

Ozpin: "Your job is to watch over the kids. You'll also analyze and see which students you want to take your class."

Y/N: "Works for me."

I turn into a Ursa and jump down to watch the students take their initiation.

3rd POV

The second Y/N leaves Glynda says something.

Glynda: "He can turn into Grimm?"

Ozpin: "Yes, that's half of his power."

Glynda: "Aren't you worried she might influence him?"

Ozpin: "No. Y/N's mind is like an indestructible wall. Nothing can ever break through it."

Glynda: "Then shouldn't we have him help us?"

Ozpin: "I barely got him to take the job. Besides, after the incident he made it his mission to avoid me and her."

Glynda: "Incident?"

Ozpin: "Enough questions. The show's about to begin."

Y/N POV

I burst through bushes and take to the trees as an Alpha Beowolf. I swing through the trees before spotting the relic place. I perch on a branch and just wait for the students to arrive. No one noteworthy arrives until that Yang girl and some girl in a bow.

I analyze her scent. She's not human, she's a Faunus. They snatch a relic when the Faunus girl looks to the sky. I look to see Ruby falling towards her and Yang. A loud scream is heard as the boy with the question slams into her sending them into the trees.

Roaring is heard; I turn that way to see that alarm girl riding in an Ursa. To my right a massive Deathstalker comes out of the tree line chasing a spartan girl. Yang then screams in anger as her eyes turn red. 

The Faunus girl taps her shoulder and points. I look that way and find Schnee falling. I watch as she comes closer to the ground when question boy catches her. That's when they both scream falling the rest of the way down. 

That spartan girl lands at Yang and Ruby's feet face down. Ruby runs towards the Deathstalker and swings her oversized scythe. As expected she gets swatted away like a bug. As she gets up the Deathstalker sends out its stinger.

My eyes widen when the Schnee uses a wall of ice to trap the stinger. All eight fighters grab a relic and head back to the cliffs. I turn into a Teryx and perch on top of the cliff. After some time the eight fighters arrive and cross the bridge.

But a Nevermore slams into the bridge taking it out. Ruby and three other girls jump onto a tower and fire at the Nevermore. It flies by scooping up Yang. Shots are heard as the Nevermore slams into the cliff dropping Yang. 

I look at the other four to see them working together to kill the Deathstalker. The alarm girl slams her hammer on its head sending it into the chasm below. I take note of them when the Nevermore flies past me.

I look at it as its head gets severed by Ruby. She cheers before locking eyes with me. I tilt my head before taking flight away from her. I land behind the school and walk back to the auditorium.