Alternate ending

The sobs come uncontrollably. I grab the lapel of his shirt and shove my face deeper into the layers of fabric. My body bends at awkward angles as I throw myself over him.

Pressure is placed on the top of my head. I whirl my head around to see a hand floating in the air. The hand cradles my cheek and turns my face back.

Silco stares at me with a smile.

"You're not getting rid of me that easy, my love." his voice is soft and weak.

"Silco." I gasp.

"I love when you say my name. Say it again."

"Silco." a small laugh slips across my tongue. "Silco."

"Emris."

A shiver runs up my spine as he circles his arm around my waist. Gentle pressure urges me closer to him. He is weak. I throw my arms around his neck and he wines.

"Oh, sorry." I retreat and pit a hand over his stomach. "We need to get you to the doctor."

I scramble from his lap. He holds out his hand. I take it in mine and pull him up. He groans and falls forward. His legs shake beneath him. He slings an arm over my shoulder. We try to walk but he can hardly do it even with my help.

"Hold this on it." I tear a chunk of fabric from my shirt and fold it for him to hold it.

As he presses the cloth against the wound I swipe his feet from beneath him. He grunts as I hold him with ease. A smile graces his lips as I break into a sprint. 

"I'm supposed to be the one carrying you." silco says.

"Guess I'll have to deal for now."

Soon we reach the doctor. By the time I kick the door open, Silco is going unconscious again. His eyes slide closed. The doctor stands in the middle of the room, his mouth open.

"Do it," I tell him.

"He is dying."

"I can fucking see that. Can you save him?

"It's like Deja Vu."

I take that as a yes and lay Silco on the table. I remove his coat and other layers of clothing as instructed by the doctor. He is left in his pants and shoes. I fight the urge to stare as the doctor and I begin securing the straps.

"The process will be demanding." the doctor warns me."

"He can do it. I know he can."

I hear the doctor behind me. I catch his wrist before the needle is jabbed in my neck. J glare at him and snarl. I squeeze his wrist till the strange drops. I catch the syringe and throw it on his desk.

"Do that and ill fucking kill you."

"It's for your own sanity."

"I won't have any sanity if he dies. Focus on him or I'll find a way to do it myself."

The doctor nods and I turn to Silco. His breaths slow and his heart slows to an occasional thump.

"Hurry, he's almost gone."

I shift to the other side of the table as the doctor takes a syringe of purple liquid into Silco's wrist. I watch the concoction work. He takes the syringe out and purple veins climb up Silco's arm. He does the other wrist.

Silco begins to wither on the table. The shimmer has worked its way up his arms and the doctor inserts a dose into his neck. Silco fights the restraints. Silco's eyes fly open. The once shimmering blue has turned a bright pinkish purple. Like mine. His eyes move all over the room a mile a minute. I lean over him and caress his cheek.