• 22 •

in between.

10:30 p.m.
•••

here he is...
in his room, with his roommate.
his mother is in said roommates bedroom.
what a weird sequence of events.

the forest green walls of his room are covered in shelves, each shelf holding a Minecraft collectible, the led strip lights run across all four walls, allowing his room to be lit with any color he liked.

currently, that color is on the lowest red setting, it's almost always on that setting, it helps dream rest his eyes better.

george is laying next to dream, scrolling on his phone to pass the time. nothing is said between the two, just existing in each other's company.

dream thinks about what george's hand felt like on the porch, warm and soft; just like george's smile..
well, actually.. just like everything about george. despite all the issues george has faced he still finds a reason to smile.

"hey george." dream says, turning his body to look at him.

"hm?" george says, not getting off his phone.

"talk to me." dream says, not really knowing what he wants from george.

the other boy scoffs and puts his phone on his chest, "about?"

dream hums, "anything.. everything."

george rolls his eyes playfully and turns to look at dream.

their faces are inches away from one another.

they both stare at each other with admiration.

nothing is being said

but everything is being said.

they both have feelings for each other.

neither of them can deny it.

george clears his throat, "uhm. i've been thinking about the UK a lot recently."

dream stays silent, waiting for george to talk.

"i want to see my cat. my spot in the backyard. my mom." he says, missing the things that shouldn't matter to him anymore.

"i don't know why i do." he says, turning his body to look at the ceiling.

"i think it'll be good for you." dream says, turning onto his back to look at the ceiling as well.

"i know you don't miss it, the way things use to be... but maybe it'll heal your inner child." dream says, hoping that what he's saying makes sense.

"i don't miss it. but i feel like seeing it again will make me feel good." george says, remembering the way the sun would dance on his skin after being out all night, how his cat would lay next to him and provide him with comfort.

"i'll go with you if you want." dream says, voice timid and shy.

"i'd like that." george says, turning his body to look at dream.

dream turns his head to look at george.

"i like you."