• 12 •

the pour.

1:31 p.m.

•••

"your... mom?" george says, sitting on his bed waiting for dream to continue, "yeah. my mom." dream says, a hint of sourness in his tone.

george looks at dream whos still sitting in the chair with his eyes closed. "what does she want?" george asks, curiosity getting the best of him.

"apparently something happened with my dad? i don't know, feels like bait." dream says, putting his head in his hands, hunched over in the chair. george sits closer to him and pats his back

"talk to her. maybe something good will come out of it?." george says, rubbing dreams back. dream looks up from his hands and scoffs "you really think i want to talk to the likes of her?" he says, looking at george.

george can't help but feel a sense of anger boiling up in his chest,

george moves his hand away and puts it into his lap.
"if my mom texted me saying she wanted to make amends or that she was sorry for everything, i'd atleast make an effort to hear her out." george says, a bit of annoyance filling his voice.

dream looks onto the hardwood floor that is now george's bedroom, he thinks about his relationship with his parents vs. george's relationship with theirs, he doesn't want to compare their traumas but george did have it worse than dream did; the fact that he's still willing to hear from his mom that abused him all of those years.? makes you wonder how strong george really is.

dream lets out a long sigh, "you're right." he says, pulling out his phone.

he looks at the last messages his mother had sent him.

marissa: clay, please. we need to talk.

marissa: please clay. i know you're angry.

marissa: you have every right to be angry.

marissa: i need you.

he looks up at george again, george nods his head with a sympathetic smile and leaves the room.

dream starts to type.