• 2 •

stars with lonely eyes.

7:30 p.m.
•••

"what's your favorite things about him?" a familiar voice asks, a soft smile planted on their distorted face "he use to be quiet. since he's met and hung out with me he's not as quiet anymore." he tells the person sitting across from him at the kitchen table, "that's lovely, clay." she says, her smile turning into a sad one.

"why did you let him do it?" dream asks, the room around them gets smaller. she frowns at him "don't speak to me like that." the room stops shrinking, dream looks the person in the eyes, anger flowing through his veins; "you let him. you let him do it. you let him. you're a terrible mother for not protecting me. i was a kid. i was a fucking kid." he says, slamming his fists on the table in anger, the room starts shrinking again, "youre terrible. you're horrible. you made thousands of excuses up for me but couldn't find a single one to stop him from kicking me out?" he says, still slamming his fists on the table, tears falling from his eyes, "i just wanted you guys to love me." he finally says, anguish filling up his chest.

"i did clay. i told him that there's nothing we can do. i told him everything i could to get him to love you. but he wouldn't listen. he didn't listen." she says, putting her hands ontop of dream's fists so he stops, he looks at her once more "you're terrible." he says, pushing her hands off of his and getting up from the table "youre horrible." he says, looking her in the eyes, her face slowly starts to resemble someone who once loved him, "you could've called me." he says.

the room has stopped shrinking and is growing, "you could've visited me." he says, looking away from his mother." the walls of the room begin to fill up with vines.

"he said you're missing out." he says with a soft voice, looking at her for the last time, her face is not blurred anymore, "he said that you two would've been proud of the person i've become." his mother starts tearing up, not saying a single word.

"i'll answer if you call me, marissa. if you want to be in my life i'll accept you with open arms." dream says, walking towards the only door in room that's now covered in vines, "but don't expect me to call you first." dream says, smiling at his mother who's crying her eyes out "i have no room for people who do not want to see me flourish." the vines bloom with all different sorts of flowers. "until then." dream says, opening the door and stepping out, with a smile on his face, a bright light shines onto him.

he's free.

dream wakes up to george playing with his hair, they're still on the couch but george is laying on top of dream, "you okay? your heart is beating really fast." george asks, a look of worry planted on his face; dream pulls george closer to him their faces inches away from one another, "you're so pretty." he says, sleep tangled in his voice, george looks at dream, his face grows red as he realizes how close their faces are to one another, george sinks down to dreams chest and lays there "youre an idiot. is your heart okay?" he says, trying to distract from dreams comment "it's more than okay." dream says, playing with george's hair "it doesn't hurt to think about anymore." dream says in practically a whisper, george realizes what he's talking about and looks up at dream with a smile,"im glad."

they lock eyes, geogre realizes that dreams eyes twinkle when he looks at him, george takes note of this and smiles to himself.

"we go to sleep?" george asks, getting up from dreams chest and holding his hand out, "only if you sleep with me." dream says, half joking and taking george's hand so he can get up, "only for tonight." george says, leading dream to the upstairs area; dreams face goes numb, a grin plastered onto his face.

they reach the bedroom and george looks at dream as he opens the door, "can i borrow some clothes? i ran out.." he says, voice going timid.

dream lets his hand go and heads to his closet "theyll be a bit big on you but here's a black shirt" he says, throwing the shirt onto the bed, "here's some grey sweats." he says, throwing the sweats onto the bed, george smiles at dream and takes the clothes, going to the bathroom to get changed.

george looks at himself in the mirror, they don't fit like his clothes do but they're comfy nonetheless. george lifts the collar of the shirt to his nose and sniffs it, "smells like vanilla and campfires." he thinks to himself. he smiles at the mirror and heads out of the bathroom.