• 21 •

stars.

9:30 p.m.
•••
george hasn't talked to dream since his mother got here; he's been awfully quiet in general, which isn't like dream at all.

george walks downstairs.
patches is looking at the front door, it's cracked open just a tiny bit, the porch light is on.

patches looks at george with wide eyes, "meow." she says and then looks back at the front door.

george scoops up patches into his arms and opens the front door. dream is sitting on the porch, back towards the opening to his home.

"hey dream, you doing okay?" george says as he hears dream sniff a bit.

"yeah, i'm okay." dream says, voice monotone and low.

"do you want me to leave you alone?" george asks awkwardly, he's not use to dream being like this.

"no. you can sit with me if you want." dream says, scooting over and looking at george.

george is holding patches in his arms, he's wearing a black hoodie with blue plaid pajamas. his hair is damp, his wavy hair falls effortlessly on his forehead, he most likely took a shower not too long ago.

george smiles at dream who's been staring at him for too long, he puts patches on the floor.

patches walks onto dreams lap, purring as she gets comfortable, dream pets her head once she's settled.

george sits next to dream, the cold breeze hits george's face. he puts his hood up so he doesn't get sick.

they both sit in comfortable silence, the crickets are chirping, the stars illuminate the night sky, the street lights are lined up with each other; the world is asleep.

___

"it's weird." dream speaks up finally.

"what is?" george says, focusing on one of the street lights.

"my dad passed the same day he apologized to me." dream starts, "my mom visits the same day i see her again." he says as he lets out a chuckle, "you meet her as soon as you moved in." dream starts playing with his own fingers.

"it was all so fast." dream says, george doesn't know what dream is feeling.

"it all happened for a reason." george finally says, "him passing brought a new beginning for your mom and you." george says, tucking his hands under his thighs as they start to get cold. "him apologizing gave you closure." george says, looking at dream.

his roommate looks completely blank.

no sign of emotion.

no smile.

no laugh at the end of his sentences.

george cant tell what dream is feeling.

"you're right." dream says, a soft smile creeping onto his face; dream looks at george, their eyes meet for the first time today.

the sparkles in both of their eyes twinkle like the stars above their house.

george nudges dream with his shoulder and laughs.

"what will becoming roommates turn into?" dream says, jokingly.

george scoffs and gets up from the porch, "i'm cold, let's go inside dream." george says, holding out his hand to help dream up.

the warmth of george's hand in his reminds dream of something.

it reminds him that humans need warmth as well.

that humans need help understanding what they feel.

that humans need to warm up before they go out in the cold alone.

dream remembers that george makes him feel warm.

that george makes him understand what he's feeling.

that george doesn't understand what dream is feeling but is willing to stay out in the cold so they both can understand.

__________
A/N:
i hope these this chapter and the one before it help you guys in any way! 

reminder that it's okay to feel things, that you can take your time to feel said things and that you aren't weak for not being able to understand them <3.

everyone needs a second opinion, if you don't understand what you're feeling maybe someone else will!

you're never alone in this world.

-your author :]