• 4 •

in my dreams i seem to be more honest.

9:33 p.m.
•••

"can i kiss you?" george looks to his right, he's on a beach with dream.

"what?" george says, looking off to the waves that are crashing against the shoreline, "can i kiss you? do i have your consent?" dream repeats, sitting closer to george in the sand, george scoots away from dream, "c-consent? to kiss me...?"  george stutters.

"yeah, can i?" dream asks again, hovering over george's face; "no? what? why?" geogre replies looking away from dreams face, "this is so sudden dream." george pushes dreams chest so he isn't close to him anymore.

  "i won't do it if you don't want me too. i respect that." dream says, backing down.

"i like you, george." dream says, playing with the sand infront of him, "i like you a lot." he repeats, the sand flows through his hand.

"you.. like me?" george questions, holding his knees to his chest, arms wrapped around them.

"you've planted the stars in my eyes; an entire constellation. a whole year turns to a day with how warm you make me feel." dream says, laying on the beach.

george looks up at the sky, the stars are brighter than ever tonight. "if i let you kiss me what would happen?" george says quietly, looking back at the shoreline.

"our souls would intertwine, your planets will be my planets. your stars and my stars will guide us through any night." dream says, smiling up at the sky.

"i can't kiss you dream." george says, burying his head into his knees.

"why not?" dream asks, his smile turning into a frown.

george looks at dream, knees still locked in his arms, a tear slips out of his eye and onto his face "i'm scared."

"of what? dream asks, sitting back up.

george looks away from dream, "i'm scared you won't like me enough."

dream sits closer to george, putting his hand gently under george's chin so he can turn his face to look at him, "i lo-."