• 20 •

breathe.

8:30 p.m.
•••

dream doesn't know how to describe this feeling.
maybe he's overstimulated by everything that's happening, maybe he's reminiscing on all the good times before his parents came back, maybe it's the fact that his roommate is talking to his mother who kicked him out; either way, dream knows this feeling is bittersweet.

"clay dear, i'll be off to bed now." dreams mother says as she gets off of the couch next to dream, "alright mom. george is in my room if you want just knock and tell him you're going to bed." dream says as he smiles up at his mother shyly, "thank you son." she says as she walks up the stairs.

patches is laying on dreams lap, purring as she's fast asleep. "prrrrrr" dream chuckles at his cat. he remembers the day she found him, the day he first spoke to her, the day he brought her home.

dream sighs and he picks patches up from his lap, she stretches as he puts her down. "prow?" she meows.

____

dream sits on his porch;
the cold breeze reminds him that he's human.

that it's okay to feel these things.

that things come and go.

that some things are in his control.

that his actions are the only ones he can change.

dream remembers that he's human.

he's grown from his experience from being kicked out.

he's loved and he's lost.

"i'm human." dream says to himself, a tear slipping onto the floor.

right now, dream doesn't know exactly know how he feels about everything going on; and that's okay, because he has time to figure it out, because he's glad he can even feel in the first place.