• 13 •

the pour. (pt. 2)

1:31 p.m.

•••

clay: hey mom. everything okay? what's going on?

marissa: your father isnt going to make it

marissa: he wants to talk to you before he goes.

marissa: i want to talk to you before he goes.

marissa: i'm so sorry clay i'm so sorry.

marissa: can you please come as soon as you can?

dreams eyes begin to blur, his hands tremble. the room feels like it's closing in on him, the comforting feeling of no longer being near his parents is replaced with an overwhelming dread.
he knows he has to see them.

dream tries to call out for george but his throat doesn't allow any words to escape. he pulls up his and george's text messages.

dream: hey, i'm going to go to the hospital, visiting my parents.

george walks into his room, "are you okay?" he says, all dream can do is nod with a sad expression. he isnt okay.

he can't dwell on it; not now, not ever. dream gets up from the chair to go to his room, george stops him and hugs him from behind "call me if you need anything. i'll make sap take me if you need." george says, letting go of dream and making him turn to face him, hands on his shoulders.

tears start slipping from dream's eye. he hugs george, soft sobs escaping here and there, "i'm so scared." is all he can say in this moment.