Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One: Entry Fourteen

Date: March 15th, 2018

"Delaney! Come on!" my father calls from the bottom of the stairs.

I'm rushing around my room, making sure I packed everything that I need. Today is the day we leave for our trip. Elijah hasn't told me where we're going. Apparently, everyone knows except for me. He only told me to bring warm clothes because it'll be pretty cold. I made sure to pack my big jacket and my insulated leggings. I grab my phone, my suitcase, my carry-on, and my jacket before rushing down the stairs. We hop into the car and begin our drive to the airport.

In the end, I decided to invite Raine and my mother. Carmen wasn't able to make it because she is swamped with bookings for her band. Kenneth already had plans with his  family, so he couldn't come either.

We arrive at the airport, parking next to Rose's car. We see them unloading their luggage, greeting us as we exit our car. I grab my things before walking up to Eli.

"Are you excited for this trip?" he asks me while unloading luggage.

"Yeah. I wish I wasn't the only person who didn't know where we were going, though," I mention, gripping my suitcase with both of my hands.

He takes the last bag out of the trunk and places it on the ground before speaking.

"It wouldn't be as good of a surprise if you knew," he points out, wrapping his arms around my waist. 

Despite what I said, I agree with him. The excitement that built up for this trip was made better by the anticipation of not knowing where we were going. I have been looking forward to this trip since he first mentioned it to me. This will be my first real vacation and might provide me with chance to patch things up with my mother and Raine.

Maybe.

"Okay, lovebirds," Rose calls out," Let's go before we miss our flight.

Next thing I know, we are in our seats. Elijah booked our seats so we were seated in the middle row. Each row had three seats. Elijah, Raine and I were in the first row, the triplets were in the second row, and the adults were in the last row.

I sat between Elijah and Raine. It was awkward at first. Raine and I occasionally talked, but it had been a while since we had been together as friends. I wanted to talk to her about everything, but it isn't necessarily appropriate to talk about on a plane. Luckily, she fell asleep in the first quarter of the flight. I fell asleep right after and didn't wake back up until the end of the flight.

Just as we land, the intercom starts up: "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have officially arrived in New York City. Please ensure that you have all of your belongings before exiting the plane. As always, thank you for flying American Express."

We're in New York?!

I look over at Elijah and find that he is already staring at me, gauging my reaction.

"You took me to New York?!" I rhetorically ask.

He nods, still unsure whether or not I'm happy about this news. To put his concerns to rest, I immediately hop up and hug him.

"Thank you! Thank you!" I exclaim.

New York has been on my list of travel destinations for the longest time. The city seems so interesting and lively. They have all kinds of things there and many shops that I've wanted to visit for ages. The fact that he planned out a trip for one of my dream destinations without having to ask me makes this surprise even more memorable.

I give him a quick kiss before pulling away. We rush off the plane to collect our luggage. In my opinion, it takes ages, but that might just be because I'm so excited. It's still pretty early in the day, so we might have time to do stuff before we the sun sets.