Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven: Entry Five, Part Three

October 31-November 1, 2017

I can do this. I signal him to lean down. This time, instead of whispering something, I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him down, connecting our lips in a kiss. It takes a moment for him to respond, but I guess being bold paid off.

I'm not trying to be cliché, but it felt like sparks were flying. Tingles were appearing across my lips

When we finally pull away, I decide to speak. "You may already know this, but I like you."

What a lame confession.

Nonetheless, Elijah places his arm around my shoulder and leans down to whisper to me. "You may already know this, but I like you, too."

I let out a laugh at this, wrapping my arm around his waist.

"Do you want to go on a date with me on Saturday after piano practice?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Yes," he agrees, smiling wider.

In turn, I smile wider. We decide to go back into the living room. When we enter, Raine and Kenneth are giving us big smiles.

I shake my head, the smile that I have never falling from my face.

---

We play a couple more games before settling down to watch movies. Everyone has changed out of their costumes. I'm in a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. Elijah is wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants. Raine is wearing a night dress and Kenneth is wearing a t-shirt and pajama pants.

Raine and Kenneth are curled up on the loveseat and Eli and I are on the regular couch. Elijah is laying on the couch and I am laying on top of him, snuggled into his chest. There's a bowl of popcorn sitting on the table beside us.

We're currently watching The Princess and the Frog; we're at the part where they're at Mama Odie's.

Unfortunately, I can't stop my eyelids from beginning to get heavy. I try to distract myself by eating some popcorn, but it doesn't help. I slip into a deep sleep.

---

When I wake up, I'm in Elijah's room. He is on the left side of his bed, sleeping soundly. I decide to go ahead and get up, being careful not to wake him up. Once I escape, I open the door and slip out of his room.

I walk down the hall, vaguely remembering the way to the kitchen.

Maybe I can make him breakfast.

That thought quickly dissipates when I smell pancakes, eggs, and sausage from the kitchen. I continue to follow the smell and find Rose making breakfast.

"Good morning, Rose," I greet.

She turns immediately, rushing over.

"I'm guessing that things went good?" she asks, referring to me asking Elijah out.

I nod, still feeling a bit groggy. "We've got a date this Saturday."

"So, that's what you guys were teasing her about," a voice pipes up from the doorway.

I turn around and see Elijah leaning against the archway leading into the kitchen. He comes up to me, placing a kiss to my cheek and slinging an arm over my shoulder. I wrap my arms around him in return.

"Yes, and I can see that it paid off," Rose responds, looking at our position.

I release Eli and we both take a seat at the island. Rose goes around the other side, placing plates of breakfast in front of us.