Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten: Entry Five, Part Two

October 31, 2017

I walk into the house behind Elijah.

You can do this, Delaney. They're going to like you.

The interior of their home is just as beautiful as the outside. The foyer has many flowers in vases. It's very open and has three archways leading in three directions. I can't help but admire it.

"Sorry for this being such a mess," Rose says, picking up a pair of gardening gloves.

I wave her off, still admiring their home.

Elijah notices me staring and leans down to whisper to me. "My mother designed this house. It's her pride and joy."

I look over at him and smile. "I can tell why. It's beautiful."

He straightens back up and we follow Rose into the kitchen. It's just as nice as the foyer with marble countertops and black counters.

"I made some pastries, so help yourselves," she says, pointing to a plate on the counter. "Chienne is at her dog-date and the triplets should be here from practice soon."

From what I've gathered, the triplets all play different sports; Lena does dance, Leanne does tennis, and Lola does soccer. That is the perfect plot for a triplet swap movie.

"We still need to talk about our pumpkin carving contest idea," Elijah says, taking a seat at the island.

I sit beside him. "Yeah. What'd you have in mind?"

He leans in to whisper his idea to me as if it's a big secret. Soon enough, he leans away and grabs two pastries, handing one to me. We decide to move to the game room after Elijah says he can beat me in any game.

"You couldn't beat me, even if I had my eyes closed," I tease as soon as we settle in front of the foosball table.

Elijah lets out a laugh. "We'll see about that."

We begin the game. For the most part, Eli and I stay tied in scoring, shooting the ball back and forth to either side. We're on the final shot.

"You are so going down," I say, preparing to shoot.

"I wouldn't be so sure," he responds.

Long story short, I won. I surely wasn't being humble about it, either.

"Oh, yeah! Oh, yeah!" I start, dancing around the room. "I won! I wo-"

I don't get to finish my victory dance because Elijah steps in my way. I stop right before I bump into him and signal him to lean down so I can whisper in his ear.

I smile before speaking. "How does it feel to lose?"

I realize my mistake when he leans back up. His eyes are shining with a mischievous glint. Before I can even see what he's going to do, I bolt. As I'm looking for a place to hide, I spot the perfect place. There's an empty cabinet that's slightly ajar in the kitchen. I quickly run to it and sit inside.

I can hear Elijah's footsteps roaming around the first floor before suddenly stopping. I don't hear anything. I don't get a chance to peak out to see where he is because he suddenly opens the cabinet door, exposing my hiding spot.

"It's not okay to be cocky," he comments, lifting me out of the cabinet.

Once I'm on my feet, his hands scrunch on either side of my waist, tickling me. I double over in uncontrollable laughter.

"Stop! E-Eli!" I say mixed in my laughter.

As soon as I get the chance, I run away again. This time, I go upstairs and open a random door, closing it behind me. Once I hear him pass the room that I'm in, I let out a sigh. I turn around and see that I seem to be in Eli's room. His room is pretty clean.