Chapter 30 - The General's EQ is Touching

Start from the beginning

Having some understanding of Wu Xingzi, Guan Shanjin was gloomy, but he was unable to throw a tantrum in front of Mr. Lu. Also, Wu Xingzi was purposely avoiding anything that would arouse suspicions, right?! When there was only the two of them around, they would always eat together side by side. With Mr. Lu present, the old fellow was truly quite shy.

Thinking like this, Guan Shanjin’s mood improved. He noticed that Wu Xingzi was staring at the braised trotters with shining eyes, and so, he picked up one piece and placed it in his bowl. “Have some, you must be hungry.”

“Yes, yes.” Wu Xingzi was at first still troubled about how he would start eating, but the braised trotter in his bowl had completely wiped out his reservations. Delightedly, he picked up the trotter with his chopsticks and bit into it.

As expected, the meat had been braised till soft and tender, but it did not lose its shape. Biting into it, the flavourful juices of the meat burst in his mouth, and some of it spilled out from the corners of his lips. The meat basically melted in his mouth, but there was no loss of the texture that pork should have. The taste was also very well developed, combining into a wonder of flavour.

It paired very well with rice, but just chewing on it was also a type of pleasure. The way Wu Xingzi looked as he enjoyed it made Guan Shanjin’s stomach grumble in hunger. He held up his rice bowl, picking up some stir-fried lily bulb, vegetables, and other lighter-tasting dishes for Mr. Lu before starting to eat some of it himself.

Mr. Lu glanced at Wu Xingzi. Seeing how his mouth and hand were stained with oil, he felt that it looked boorish and ugly. However, when he glanced at Guan Shanjin, he discovered that this student, who had always been elegant and placed a heavy importance on etiquette, did not find anything strange with Wu Xingzi. Not only was he quietly eating, he was also continuously placing food in Wu Xingzi’s bowl.

Inexplicably flustered, Mr. Lu picked up his chopsticks and took a bite of the vegetables. While swallowing, he felt a pressure in his chest. He could not help but put his chopsticks down as he frowned, before rubbing at his chest.

“Teacher, are you still feeling a pain in your chest?” Guan Shanjin had naturally noticed it. His face was full of concern and worry, and he no longer paid attention to the happily eating Wu Xingzi, instead turning to help Mr. Lu rub his chest.

Guan Shanjin had a pair of large hands. They were elegant and good looking, broad and warm. When held against his chest, it felt like a small flame, and it soothed the pent-up pain by a fair bit. Mr. Lu looked relieved from pain, and he gave his thanks with a low voice. He then pushed Guan Shanjin’s hand away, instead of letting him soothe him for a while longer like usual.

Registering his rejection, Guan Shanjin’s expression stiffened slightly. He looked a little helpless and quietly persuaded Mr. Lu. “Teacher, your chest still hurts. Please let your student help you with your blood circulation. Wu Xingzi is not the type to gossip, nor would he think too much of it, please do not worry.”

“Nonsense.” Mr. Lu still rejected him, as he picked up his bowl and chopsticks while deflecting Guan Shanjin’s hand. “After all, your relationship with Mr. Wu is not ordinary, and anyone would mind, unlike you, you careless little fellow. Although you’re doing the right thing, a person’s heart would still be biased.”

These enigmatic words made Guan Shanjin hesitate. Towards Mr. Lu, he had a love that was like his life, and he did not want him to suffer even a little. Even though Mr. Lu was about to get married in spring, he was also willing to suppress his reluctance and sadness, only hoping that Mr. Lu would live happily and unrestrained.

Although Wu Xingzi was only a shadow of Mr. Lu, it was not possible for him to not appease this shadow. Furthermore, this old fellow had yet to cultivate enough feelings for him even now. Fortunately, Wu Xingzi had yet to realise his original intentions, if not, he would have ran even faster.