Chapter 19 -It Always Backfires When The General Tries to Fuck A Certain Someone

Start from the beginning

This bowl of noodles made Wu Xingzi’s face bright with happiness. The way he looked when he was enjoying the food made Guan Shanjin feel hungry out of nowhere, and he too, ordered a bowl of dumpling soup for himself.

With six or seven big dumplings in the bowl, Guan Shanjin of course could not finish it. He transferred three of them into Wu Xingzi’s bowl and the eyes of this old fellow shone immediately. A face full of gratitude, he thanked him profusely, as though what he gave him were not three dumplings but three gold ingots.

It had to be said that this dumpling was really delicious. The skin was thin and the filling was plenty, with top quality ingredients and skillfully made. Every bite burst with flavour.

The soup made of seafood stock was mouthwatering as well, tasting even better than the mushroom stewed chicken from House of Taotie.

They enjoyed themselves greatly with this supper. Rubbing his bulging stomach, Wu Xingzi looked satisfied, his cheeks dyed a pleasant red.

To digest their food, the two people strolled about in each other’s arms, exploring the nightlife of Goose City. Although Wu Xingzi did not know where Guan Shanjin was bringing him to, throughout this month, he was used to being taken care of by him and so let him lead the way.

This way turned out to be pretty long. They walked from the south of the city to the north.

The north of the city was mostly residential areas, divided into eight squares. Qingyang Square was where the rich people of Goose City lived, and every mansion took up a large plot of land. The long wall fences felt as though they would never end.

This was the first time Wu Xingzi had come here.

Unlike other squares, the doors to Qingyang Square would close after 11pm and only open at 5am. To enter or exit the square between these timings, a waist tag issued by the magistrate’s office was required. Other that owners of mansions in Qingyang Square, no one else would be able to get these tags.

When they reached Qingyang Square, it was already past 11pm. A little tired, Wu Xingzi was yawning. Not noticing anything strange as he watched Guan Shanjin retrieve a waist tag and showing it to the guards, he wondered, how luxurious are the inns in Qingyang Square?

Only until they walked to the door of a mansion did Wu Xingzi realise the truth. Astonished, he asked, “You have a property in Goose City?”

Guan Shanjin smiled and did not reply. He had just bought this mansion a couple of months ago, and he had left it for his four guards to manage. Till then, he had barely stayed in it.

Thinking about it, it was not surprising. Previously he was with the accountant in Sushui Village, and so naturally stayed in Sushui Village. As for this month, he was with Wu Xingzi, and so naturally stayed in the little wooden house of Adviser Wu.

Without having to knock, the side door opened, revealing a deathly solemn face. Wu Xingzi hunched into himself and shivered, hiding behind Guan Shanjin.

“General.” The man greeted him respectfully.

“Mn.” Guan Shanjin waved him off indifferently. Catching hold of Wu Xingzi’s hand, he walked through the side door.

The mansion was not considered very big, but it gave off an overall spacious feeling. The furnishings were simple, and there was not any overly lavish decorations. Wu Xingzi soon calmed down and secretly observed this big mansion.

Guan Shanjin allowed him to look around, following behind him as he spoke quietly with the guard. After a short exchange, his brows knitted, his attitude turning cold and stern. Unhappily, he murmured, “You say that Mr Lu has already decided on the day of betrothal gifts with the head of the Yue family?”