"Clarks?" I ask perplexed. "That annoying officer?"

"Exactly," Caleb nods, quickly declining an incoming call and typing a fast text before he speaks on. "He still hasn't given up yet. Last week alone, he called me twice and even visited me at my home. Unannounced, of course."

"What does Zach have to do with it?"

He answers to another message. Damn, Zach is really freaking out, I guess. That's if those texts are all from him, but I'm pretty sure they are.

"What Zach has to do with it? Do you fucking remember that night?" Caleb asks with a disbelieving head shaking.

"Which night?" I try to hold back my self-satisfied grin as Caleb looks at me as if I just told him that I'm actually a man.

"Ah, now you feel like joking again?" He states with a throaty chuckle after realizing I'm just leading him on.

Another text is coming in, but this time, it's
my phone. I look at it and roll my eyes.

*I'm coming to get you. You won't fucking drink with Caleb!*

Narrowing my eyes, I lock my phone again and then smirk up into Caleb's face. Zach has no right to tell me what to do. Not after I just found out he was lying again.

"Another one?" I ask, nodding at the empty glasses in front of us.

"Whatever you say." A bit surprised, Caleb returns my smirk and then orders Theo to refill our glasses.

Is it my imagination, or is there a flirty energy between that slimeball and me?

We wait until Theo returned to behind the bar again before we both take a sip. For a few minutes, we sit there in silence, and I stare at my hands until the conversation we just had occurs to me again.

"So, tell me more about Clarks," I demand, tracing the rim of my glass with my forefinger. "What does he know?"

"Not much. I'm not even sure if he found out about Franco's death yet." Caleb shrugs and thinks for a moment. "But he's definitely suspecting me to be involved in T's and Jack's businesses. With what he's not entirely wrong."

I frown. "He doesn't know about Franco's death? How's that possible?"

A dark and evil smile forms on Caleb's lips. "My men made sure there isn't much left of him."

My eyes widen in horror as I watch the devil sitting opposite of me. Did he really say what I think he just said? I gulp. Damn, this feels like a horror movie.

"Liv," Caleb looks at me with an almost soft expression. "That's not something I enjoy doing, but I had to. If they would've found his body, I'd be a fucking haunted man forever. Do you get that?"

Nodding my head, I chug down my second drink as another text comes in. This time, I don't even bother to check what it says. I look out of the window, lost deep in my thoughts, and watch the few people passing by. It's already getting dark, and I think it's going to rain soon. What the fuck have I got myself into, and what's more, why am I sitting her with Caleb?

His harrumph is drawing my attention back to him and I look at him, biting on the inside of my lip.

"I'm not telling him anything if that's what you want to hear." I sigh. I don't want to talk about illegal deeds or dead people anymore. This topic is making me feel sick.

"Have you heard anything from my stupid cousin?"

"Jack? No, why should I?"

"They arrested him. After they found out that the drugs they secured were littered with his fingerprints, they made further investigations and apparently found a lot more at his home," Caleb explains and then closes his eyes for a second, taking a deep breath. "Since his arrest, this worthless piece of shit insists that I am the one to blame for everything. And this fucking officer seems to believe him."