28| Coming home

Zach's POV

10 Days later, I finally get discharged from the hospital again. The doctors refused to let me go earlier due to my, according to them, not unsatisfactory state, so I spent more than three fucking weeks in this white and boring room. Three weeks with doing nothing than sleeping, watching series or movies on my phone, and talking to Liv whenever she was with me. I'm a bit worried about her to be honest. She still hasn't found a new job yet and I know her money is getting less each day. Gladly, her mom and Logan sent her some extra money too, so she needn't worry about finding a job during my hospital stay, but still, I think that this is fretting her. I need to talk to her about that and see if we can find a solution together.

At the same time, I'm slightly worried about my own job since I haven't heard from them since the day I informed them about my hospital stay. I'm not even sure If I still have a job. But this can wait. At first, I want to come home and spend the first day in ages with my girl in peace and silence.

Right now, Liv and I are sitting on the backseat of an Uber on our way back home. Thank fuck this woman was with me nearly every day at the hospital. She even spent some nights there, much to the chagrin of the doctors who said I urgently need my nightly rest. Well, fuck what they say. At least this part. There was nothing to worry about anyway. Except for some heated make out sessions and some vanilla petting, we didn't do anything which would've helped my pent-up greediness.

Damn! Feeling her wonderful, warm body beside me all the time without being able to REALLY feel her was fucking hard. Literally! My balls are so blue, I think if I won't be able to get off soon, I might turn into an avatar down there.

"Let me help you up the stairs," Liv says once we arrive at our address and takes my arm and wraps it around her shoulder before I can respond anything.

I chuckle but let her have her own way. For the sake of peace. The past few days, all I hear from Liv's mouth are rebukes about my reckless, self-harming behavior and speeches about how to live my life from now on. She even threatened me with refusing to sleep with me if I won't listen to the doctor's advice, or better said their order, to take it easy for the next five weeks. So, I better behave.

"As you say, milady," I retort jokingly, but the jokes get stuck in my throat as soon as we reach the second floor. Fuck, where has my stamina gone?

"Only two more to go, babe," Liv says and eyes me with a worried face. "Are you in pain?"

"Oh, come on," I groan but can't hold back my laughter at her overcaution. "I'm simply out of breath. Give me a few seconds and we can continue our way up, okay?"

"Mmh." I can read on Liv's face that she doesn't find that funny at all. The little, cute pout and the furrowed brows tell me exactly how she feels in this moment.

"Don't worry, Livie," I tilt my head and reach for her hand to pull her towards me. "I promise you to do nothing which will exhaust or hurt me."

Her grey-blue eyes search mine and instantly give me a feeling of coming home.

"Nothing?" she then asks with a dirty little smirk on her plump lips. "Really nothing?"

"Oh, I think we can make some minimal exceptions, can't we?" I wink at her and before she can answer anything I turn away and head for the stairs. "Come on, let's go. I have a need to satisfy."

Once inside of our apartment, I lean against the wall and close my eyes.

"Fucking... stairs...are...killing...me!" I pant and earn a chuckle from my normally breathing girl.

"There was no need to hurry up that fast, mister," she mocks me and walks past me into the living room with swaying hips.

"Oh, yes," I say and follow her without any hesitation. "There was a need for that!"