13| Therapy

Olivia's POV

"You know, I've been thinking."

Zach and I are currently strolling through the park which is to be seen from his rooftop terrace. The park which caught my eye right from the moment I first looked down at it.

After yesterday's evening and night, we had a long lie-in and enjoyed this morning to the fullest before we treated ourselves with an extensive breakfast. Once we've finished cleaning up the mess from yesterday and cuddled a bit on the sofa, I talked Zach into taking a walk through that park.

And here we are now, dressed up warmly, strolling through the green areas and enjoying the warmth of each other's hands.

I tilt my head and give Zach a questioning look. "About what?"

"About changing jobs," Zach retorts with a smirk.

"So, you consider working as a cook?" I ask in surprise, and when he nods, I add, "That's amazing, Zach!"

"I wasn't finished yet," Zach playfully reprimands me. "I have one condition for that!"

"You have a condition for changing your own job?" I ask giggling at his statement.

"I will look for a job as a cook if you start drawing again!"

Stopping dead in my tracks, I shoot him a look of disbelief, and frown.

"That's not fair!" I mumble, pulling back my hand and continue walking.

"Oh, come on, Livie!" Zach takes two giant steps to catch up with me again. "I know you love to draw, and you have such a great talent."

He grabs my wrists and stops me from walking away from him. Snatching my hands away, I cross my arms and glare at him.

"Why does everyone want to talk me into something I've said like a hundred times that I don't want to do it anymore?" I snap. "Can't you all just leave me alone?"

"Liv, nobody wants to hurt you," Zach reasons and takes a step towards me, but I shake my head and back away.

"Don't!" I whisper and a single tear escapes the corner of my eye. "You do hurt me with that, Zach! You're hurting me by ignoring the fact that I told you I don't want to draw anymore!"

Tearing down his navy-blue beanie from his head, Zach runs his fingers through his hair before facing me with a sad expression.

"Liv, I never meant to make you cry. I'm sorry!" he says. "It's just I've seen you drawing, and you have no idea how peaceful and perfect that sight was. You were in your own world and it looked like nothing could harm you there. The way you were eying your own work before making some more lines or dots or whatever, was fascinating. I could watch you doing that for hours. And after you finished your piece of art, you looked utterly pleased with yourself, even if you said you weren't entirely happy with it. I could clearly see how fulfilled you were."

I listen to his words and look into his hazel eyes, which almost plead me to grasp the meaning behind his speech. To be honest, I exactly get what he means. Somehow, he frighteningly precisely managed to describe how I feel when I draw. Fulfilled and peaceful. At least that's how I felt before the whole shit happened.

"I didn't know you watched me while I was drawing," I state in a thin voice as a few more tears are flowing down my cheeks.

Zach lifts his hands and shoots me a questioning glance asking for my permission to touch me again. As a respond, I simply snuggle my face in his huge and warm hands and close my eyes. With his thumbs, he wipes away my tears and I feel his body closing in.