24| Defense

Zach's POV
As soon as we swing the doors open to Theo's pub, his broadly grinning face already comes into my view.

"You have a face as long as a fiddle, darling!" Liv states whispering, sliding her hand into mine.

"I just don't know what to think of him," I murmur unwillingly, but the soft giggle escaping Liv's lips puts a smile on my face as well.

I stop and wait until Callie, Logan, and Jude have walked by us before I pull Liv closer and smirk into her bright eyes. "Are you laughing at me?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Theo is watching us, so I lean down and passionately kiss my girl, sliding my hands down to her cute ass.

"Zach, stop!" Liv pulls away and grabs my hands, placing them a bit further up. "My family is right next to us."

"And?" I ask in a low voice, cocking my head. "You're my girlfriend, I'm allowed to kiss you, right?"

Liv turns her head, looking at the dark wooden bar where Theo is waving at her before facing me again.

"You're jealous, right?" A knowing smirk appears on her plump lips, and she raises one eyebrow.

Clenching my teeth, I flare my nostrils but can't hold back a light chuckle.

"Come on, jelly boy," Liv teases me, standing on her tiptoes, brushing a quick kiss on my lips. "Let's join the others."

Without waiting for my response, she turns away and walks over to her mom, Logan, and Jude. It doesn't escape me how she's swaying her hips, gracefully moving her lithe body, and whimsically shooting me a mischievous glance over her shoulder. Little minx!

I have to admit I love that little naughty side on her. When I met her, I never would have thought that this side even exist, but the longer I know her, the more she surprises me. In a good way, of course. I never felt more attracted to anybody in my whole life. And it's not just her physical appearance, I mean, yes, she is beautiful, and the way she manages to look absolutely stunning wearing just a pair of light blue, skinny jeans and a white pullover amazes me, but nothing beats her personality. Her big heart and her sensitivity paired with her slightly cheeky side and her sense of humor has cast a spell on me. Right from the start. And I don't think I ever want to break that spell again.

"Zach," Logan calls out to me, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Are you up for a little game with Jude and me?"

Looking in the direction he points, I spot a billiard table in a darker corner of the bar.

"Sure, why not." I shrug my shoulders and smile at Olivia before I follow Logan and Jude, leaving Liv alone with Callie.

Actually, I think it will do her good to have some time with her mother alone. After all the trouble of the past weeks, Franco's death, our break-up, and the sudden return of her father, an extensive, private talk with Callie will help Liv getting things out of her system for once. I know how much she misses her family, especially her mom, and I'm beyond happy for her that she still has the opportunity to meet them in person. How I wish I could do the same. Talking to my mother. Simply seeing her once again would be enough for me, honestly. But well, you cannot bring the dead back to life.

"Look who's here!" Theo approaches us with a wide grin on his bearded face and three beer bottles in his hands. "I'm actually a bit surprised to see you here, buddy."

"Hey, Theo," I say, ignoring his allusion to my slightly jealous behavior last night. "All good?"

"I'm fine thanks. Everything alright with you two?" He nods in Liv's direction and hands me one of the beer bottles. "Liv seemed to be a bit pissed when I left yesterday."