01| Five weeks

A/N  In the first few chapters, there will be quite a few pov changes between Zachary and Olivia. Just that you won't get irritated. Now enjoy reading! (:

Olivia's POV

Five weeks have passed since Zachary left me. Five weeks full of crying. Five weeks full of heartbreak, despair, and repeated nightmares. Five weeks full of emptiness and lostness.

The day Zach walked out of my door because he couldn't deal with his guilt feelings towards me anymore, was the day I stopped going out. It was the day I stopped having a social life and cut myself off from the outerworld. I spent my days curled up on my sofa, wrapped up in my blanket binge watching my favorite series and movies. The only times I actually left the house, was for doing my groceries. God, people must have thought I'm homeless the way I looked, but honestly, I couldn't care less. All I want is everybody to leave me alone.

I haven't got a new job yet either. My savings from the few poker evenings with Zach were easily enough to get me through the past weeks, and I just didn't muster the strength to look for one. As Jack went to jail after the police had found many more bags filled with drugs in his house, Abigail had lost her job as well. She is helping Nora at the bar for now until she finds something else.

My friends visited me a few times, but I always sent them away after a short time. The only urge I felt beside seeing Zach again was being alone. If there were no Zach who wanted to visit me, I wouldn't want to see anyone else. I lost all sense of time and I'm floating somewhere between horrible nightmares, an engulfing darkness, and numbness. I thought the pain would fade away once enough time has passed, you know, time will heal and all that. Bullshit! Time doesn't heal and I feel as lost as on day one. Even worse, to be honest.

***

A loud knock pulls me out of my comatose sleep.

"Olivia, open the door! Now!" I sigh as I hear Abbey's insisting voice, and heave myself up from the sofa.

As if in slow motion, I shuffle to the door with my face deep in the hood of Zach's hoodie. He left it at my place and since the break-up I'm constantly wearing it alongside the few t-shirts I still have from him.

The moment I open the door, Abbey and Hailey rush in and look at me with both, empathy and determination at the same time.

"What's up?" I ask them with a forced smile.

"Livie, we love you and accept your wish for privacy and understand that you need time to heal, but we also think you have to start coming out of your cave again," Hailey says with a worried frown.

"It's been five weeks, love!" Abbey tilts her head and eyes me from head to toe. "I'm sorry, but you look like shit. And you aren't seriously still wearing his hoodie, right?" She sighs and removes the hood from my head. "We must put an end to that state of self-pity, my heart."

I look at my demanding friends and cross my arms.

"You've planned something, haven't you?" I note.

Abbey and Hailey exchange some meaningful looks and Hailey pulls out a brown bag from behind her back.

"We're going out!" she squeaks excitedly. "We've brought you some new clothes, honey!"

I roll my eyes and leave my hallway to return to my safe place. My sofa.

"There's a new bar not far from here. Today is the official opening and there will be free drinks, great music, and hot guys." Abbey follows me and grabs my hand. She pulls me up and pushes me towards the bathroom. "But first you need to take a shower," she adds and wrinkles her delicate nose. "Sorry, but you stink!"