Chapter 16 - The General Wants to Stay

Comenzar desde el principio

“Too bad that this god-like person was somehow deceived by Adviser Wu. Such a noble stature, but he’s living in that little house.” Auntie Fang sighed, an unconcealed jealousy in her eyes.

“Who knows? Adviser Wu is a scholar, he must have drawn some charm of sorts to blind the god-like man. How evil!” Auntie Li’s speculation had roused everyone’s agreement, and she was extremely smug.

“Bullshit!” A voice suddenly rang out, and next, a basket of kernels was flung towards them.

Auntie Li shrieked, falling from her chair. Groaning on and on, she was unable to pick herself up.

“Who’s there!” Ah Niu’s mother jumped a step away, snarling as she looked for the culprit.

“Who else but me!” Auntie Liu spat, rolling up her sleeves. She pushed away the few bystanders aggressively and rushed towards Auntie Li. Raising the broom in her hand, she started hitting her. “You cheap gossip mongers, aren’t you afraid that the King of Hades would yank your tongue out?!”

“Aiyah! Why did you start hitting people!” Auntie Fang too received a few swipes from the broom. She retreated in panic, but was pushed back to the center by the bystanders.

“I’m going to beat you all gossipy old women! All of you, you’re always troubling Xingzi with this and that. Auntie Fang, didn’t your family just look for Xingzi a few days ago to get him to write an indictment for you? Even an animal knows how to be grateful, all of you are worse than animals!” When Auntie Liu got angry, the broom in her hand swung and danced around, hitting Auntie Li and Auntie Fang till they cried and dodged.

“Why? Why? Wu Xingzi dares to do such things, yet he’s afraid of us talking about it? With his looks, how would he be able to attract the god-like man? If not for using some demonic method, would he have been able to make him stay? Who doesn’t know that Wu Xingzi is bad luck, that his parents were cursed to death by him!” Ah Niu’s mother had been hiding a distance away, but her mouth was merciless. This time, Auntie Liu was extremely furious. She had watched Wu Xingzi grow up, and their families had stayed rather close to each other. Although she too liked to chatter about Wu Xingzi with the other women, she would never say anything that would harm Wu Xingzi. Such a good child, it was that god-like man who seemed to have bad intentions!

In no time at all, the few aunties had all gathered up, one digging at the other’s eyes while the other pulled at someone’s hair. No one could stop them, until their husbands heard the news and came running over, pulling them apart.

“I’ll say it now! If I hear another ungrateful bastard speaking bad about Xingzi, I’ll beat that person each time I hear it!” Naturally, Auntie Liu was the final victor. She was barely wounded. Although her hair was messy, her face scratched a little, she was still a lot tidier looking than those women who had been smacked by her broom.

“As if we’re even willing to talk about such ugly things!” Ah Niu’s mother who was not beaten as badly could not swallow this down and turned to shout at her.

“What ugly things?” This voice made the crowd fall silent.

“Hmm? What happened? What ugly things? We’re all neighbours, we should talk things out nicely.” The voice came from Wu Xingzi, who was dressed in a dark green robe. His forehead was covered with sweat, looking like he had run over. Still panting, he had a warm and friendly smile on his face, and the gossipy aunties all lowered their head, not daring to respond.

Auntie Liu snorted with a laugh. “Who’s the one who doesn’t dare to admit what they’ve done now? Maybe they’ve also drawn some charm to deceive others, the effectiveness of this charm isn’t very good!” This time, no one dared to retort.