Chapter 180: Strong

Edric's P.O.V.

"So... Congratulations on taking the curse well?..." Stupid! Stupid! Why did I have to bring that up?! He looks at me with a face with no nervous emotions. Don't know what expression this is exactly, but a lot more tame than I thought it would be. "I don't exactly like the idea of eating a tree to keep our deal, but it should be done." This sparks such curiosity."

"I don't want to ruin the night. But if you don't mind me asking, why are you okay with the curse? Because I thought you'd do whatever it takes to not turn into it." No.. I'm taking this too far- but he answers anyway, and too being calm. "Because... I know this might sound weird but... I want to become the wendigo to be strong." Strong?

I lean in with more focus than ever, way too intrigued by why he wants power. "It's because of everything that's happened. I've always felt so weak and helpless. Small too. Almost every guard was so much bigger than me, and I couldn't fight with my staff. And Belos was huge! Sure, glyphs have made me stronger, but I've seen what Belos can do as a wendigo. And after my fight with Amity a few days ago, I saw the damage I made to some of the forest. It made me feel strong. And if I could become the wendigo and use the form correctly, I can only imagine how strong I'd be." Now he's caught up in his whole infodumping thing. "I've never felt this strong! And I don't just want it. I need it." Should I encourage this? What if he takes things to far- no. Hunter's not like that. He's way more responsible than letting power go to his head... Right?

Change the subject. Make him think happy. "Amity told me Luz is planning on taking us to the human realm for a visit. It should be so calm and peaceful, so that sounds fun, right?" He nods, giving an expression I know. Joy. Well at least that gives off a vibe I can trust. "I know this is a weird question but... When you turn into a wendigo, can I ride you?" This takes him completely off guard, starting to giggle.

His laugh is actually a lot more cuter than you'd think an edgy teen would have. But the laughter dies down. "Oh wait, you're serious." So I give him pleading eyes, trying to convince him which is so easy. "... Fine." He sighs right as he gets up as a light glyph gets close, so he places it above between us for a well placed light. But just as he sits down, I get up and pull him back up by the shoulders, soon noticing him going red just by me touching him.

"What are you doing?" And I answer with "I wanna see who's taller." Now he looks a little disappointed at me not going in for a kiss. Because the heel of his shoes are slightly taller than usual as my shoes are flat. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you wanted to be taller than me." I joke, knowing that would be petty, but he looks away embarrassed. So it's true! And now I can't stop laughing!

(How is it?)