Chapter 162: Revealing the charm

Art by me. Hunter as a wendigo

Edric's P.O.V.

Hunter sighs in embarrassment at the whole situation before revealing his shoulder to show what he was hiding. "It wasn't a bruise. It was something called a charm. I want to see it but he won't show me." Eda looks at me but back to Hunter's exposed skin, as do I to see it. Three circles with a line through it. Eda puts his sleeve back up and into place before checking the other shoulder, seeing the same symbol. Why would he need two? Does more charms increase the power ups?

"It's just a pain tolerance charm if I get hurt, I'll be fine." But how do I know he's telling the truth this time? "Riiight." Eda waves her hand at him, clearly not believing him. "I'll prove it then!" He rushes up to his room before coming back with the book of glyphs, then opening it to a page filled with charm symbols.

Eda takes the book, looking for the symbol of three circles while Raine looks over her shoulder. "There it is!" They tell her. "Aha!" And she looks at it, then back to Hunter. "So you were actually telling the truth. That better be all. But why were you so embarrassed about those pain relieving charms?" Raine question. "I didn't want to show off my shoulders." He glares at us all in the room, causing me to regret my decision while still having my suspicions. I know being raised by Belos means he wouldn't be allowed to have any romantic relationships, thus explaining why he's so sheltered when it comes to them, but still. I still feel like he's hiding something. Could it be that charm? No idea.

But if he doesn't want to expose that area of skin, why not write it somewhere else like his lower arms or legs? Ugh, I never thought this much since those really hard tests at Hexside. "Hold on. There's more stuff about this charm." Eda mentions out loud, making Hunter go stiff as a board from whatever is making him freak out this much.

"It says one charm increases the pain tolerance enough so they could only feel half of it. But adding the same charm again would make that person completely numb to any pain." Well that doesn't sound so bad. "Hunter! You need to remove those pain charms right now!" Raine tells Hunter who sinks into the couch embarrassed.

(How was it?)