Chapter 72: Nobody can save me this time

Hunter's P.O.V.

This is humiliating... Not only do I not have my mask to hide my face, I'm covered in chains. As if I could get away without the restraints anyway. My uncle is now wearing his mask, looking at me with whatever expression. I glare daggers at him, and if only looks could kill. But he comes closer.. causing me to flinch and look away. "This is your fault. You think I want to do this? I'm the only one who'd ever give a damn about you. But no more chances. I miss the nephew who actually behaved instead of this selfish, little wretch." He whispers to me. Once he tells me how he is the only one who 'gives a damn', my vision flashes to The Owl House. I remember how Edric was with me. Never hit me. Never told me how worthless and pathetic I am. If I never had this life... I would've been so happy.

Just the thought of me actually having a different life, growing old, having friends... It makes me tear up knowing I can never have that. "You're crying?" He looks away with a disappointed sigh before picking up a microphone. I just look down till I feel him tilt my head up under the chin with one finger, definitely to get under my skin. I want to bite his hand, but if only it wasn't coated in a gauntlet. "You need to show respect to your audience by making eye contact. Something that bard never learned."

Raine Whispers... I know what happened to them. They didn't deserve that. The thought of what happened to them makes me look at Darius with a glare. But Belos who walks behind me turns my head back to the audience. 

"I'm sure you're all confused on why you're here. I only told a few down here with me what's going on. What's so important I'd have you all leave your duties and come gather here? This lucky boy is why." He puts a hand on my shoulder, to my dread. But my eyes dart to the side, thinking I spot something red in the night sky... Must be my imagination.

"I've given him so many chances. He showed so much promise. I'm the only one who ever cared about him. But no loyalty! There's no room for weakness like his. But he has some use left. An example. He'll for the rest of his days be stripped of his free will. If anyone has betrayed me as much as he has, this is what will happen to you." What?! He doesn't mean-

"Would you do the honors, Kikimora?" "Of course, my liege." I look behind me to see her bowing to this irredeemable monster. "No, no, no, no..." I murmur to myself till I see a piece of her fringe lift with a glow. "NO!" I shout. "Do whatever you want to me! Kill me if you want! But don't do this!" I grab my uncle by the sleeve while feeling the vines wrap around me. He just shakes me off, but puts a hand on my shoulder once again. "Goodnight, Hunter."

Those words haunt me...

Sure, I've had close shaves with The Emperor and his coven when joining The Owl House, bit this is different. Nobody's coming. Nobody can save me this time. I murmur Edric's name before being encased in the vines. But a flash from a memory. Back at Edric's house, when I had that nightmare. I was being encased by these. That wasn't just a night terror, but a warning. But my vision goes completely pitch black.

(How is it? Spelling errors?)