Chapter 3: Electrical pain

Squeezing... That squeeze tightens even more on the bird till I see something crack above the Emperor's hand. Shutting my eyes I constantly murmur "No, no, no, no!" But suddenly a knock at the door. Oh, Golden Guaaaard~" Kikimora through the door in a tone so damn smug. "NO- Not now, Kikimora." My uncle's voice... He was about to loose his cool by yelling but restrained the anger in his voice to a once again soothing voice. That's what can scare me the most about him. That voice can be a weapon. Wait... I can feel my body is 100% lighter.. I can move! As my uncle is slightly distracted by that slight outburst I make a dash for my staff and shoot him in the legs, aiming for the knees as they're close together enough for the blast of magic to touch. Chirping, the tiny cardinal flew out from the hand of Belos which has opened up as a reaction to the pain.

Rascal flies with swift speed to me and turning into the form of a staff. Not wanting to stay any longer I get on the staff and it rushes the two of us out the open window. At first I smile and laugh hysterically in the way I was laughing back at Eclipse Lake. Till my expression changed into a frown while I groan and then let out an ear piercing screech of pain. My body is radiating with sparks of electricity which too the avian palisman feels upon contact with me. Such a pain causes me to let go of the staff and fall down. No, no, no NO! Is this how I d- And another pain but this time I land on my stomach when my palisman swoops under me to catch my falling self. Once I climb properly onto the staff I feel us once again flying forward.

"DON'T LET HIM GET AWAY! SOMEBODY STOP HIM!" While we fly off, my eyes are glued to the emperor who has his mask back on. Plenty of guards blast magic constantly at us but luckily miss with us getting further and further away from the castle. 

.

.

.

In a while which feel like hours, we've come to a forest in which could make plenty of hiding places. This calms me down while I tidy up my slightly frizzy hair from the electrical shock. "Let's just stay here for a while.. We're safe here right now." I get off of the staff and sit against a tree trying to wrap my head around today's events. Rascal reforms back to that tiny crimson form and flies to my side, looking at me so sweetly as if to comfort me. As much as I wish it could, it didn't help.

All I do is look to the grass, feel a liquid seep through my tearducts, close my eyes and cover my mouth to silence my whimpering. Something tiny cuddles up to my leg. "I think you should leave... If Belos finds you- I just don't think you'd survive another encounter if he sees you.." But that tiny bird is still against my leg.

But why would it waste it's time on me? It'll only die around me. After these years by my uncle's side I ruin it by lying to him, blasting him with magic and running away with the very thing he wants to kill! Who could mess up like I have? Oh! Maybe I could go back... Apologize too. Just without Rascal following me. Whatever punishment he'll give me will be painful. It'll hurt but I'm only digging my grave again if I don't make up for this.

(Spelling errors or anyone out  of character here?)