Chapter 30: Grabbed

Looking around the room on a panic, I notice their father sleeping on a chair with his head resting on the table with his arms as pillows. But beside his head is a notebook along with a pen. Again, I try to seem casual as I walk, and walking to the table, ready to snatch the pen and notebook in case to escape as the book of glyphs is tightly in my hands.

"What's going on here?" Odelia seems in a mixture of furious and confused but looks like she's trying to restrain her anger in the presence of The Emperor's coven. "We are on the search for The Golden Guard and have reasons to suspect he's been hiding here. You're son did take a picture that while ago, remember?" Never before have I hated that high-pitched voice as much as I do now.

Odelia looks at Edric. "I've been asking him time and time again if he knows where The Golden Guard is. Search if you like." Then Odelia looks to Edric, ignoring the hooded stranger in the room as The Emperor's coven is more noticable right now. The scouts along with Kikimora go in separate rooms, looking for me while Alador sleeps through the whole thing. But Odelia on the other hand...

She places her hand on his left shoulder while menacingly telling him "If I find out you've been lying to me..." But she says nothing else and walks off to see The Emperor's coven searching. "Edric, what's happening?!" Edric sighs as a complaint before explaining to his younger sister. "They're looking for The Golden Guard and think he's here." The girl rolls her eyes in frustration, probably thinking of how much she hates me. That can't be a surprise though.

"But who's he?" Edric starts with a slight stutter. "H... Hun" Amity just raises a brow at the weird name. Wait, I could just leave right now! "Byeeeee, Edric!" I tell him in my start of adrenaline from being able to have a chance to escape before putting the pencil in my pocket along with the notebook in my arms.

"Hey! You can't just st-" And from running, my hood comes off of my head, then glasses cfalling off, revealing my blonde hair. "YOU?!" "Ugh, now wha-" I hear Kikimora in the distance which is just fan tucking fastic... Now.

I dash out the door but run into something big and gooey... The abomination grabs me by the torso and lifts me up to it's chest, below it's neck. After placing me onto the monster, it has both arms crossed onto me like a hug. Trying to crush me with a hug that is. I am going to die! I look into the door to see Edric's horrified expression while Kikimora runs- no. She skips to me with playful happiness at my capture.

(What do y'all think? Any suggestions on what to happen as the next will of course be a dramatic chapter?)