Chapter 73: You actually care about this little runt?

Edric's P.O.V.

"Why aren't you moving? You don't have to go back there!" It's like he can't hear me. "What's with the dramatics?" A high-pitch voices behind us asks, but aiming to me. "Why isn't he moving." She chuckles before speaking. "Golden Guard. Remove your helmet." And Hunter does as commanded, revealing vines wrapped around his skin along with red eyes. Sure, his eyes are red, but this is different. Even the whites if his eyes are red. "What did they do to you?!" I shake him by the shoulders, desperate for an answer.

"Why isn't he talking?!" Amity's eyebrow furrow at the sight of whatever has been done to him. I notice the big guy coming back out from the restaurant and holding a paper bag. "Huh? You two? More drama." He sighs before pulling Hunter out of my hold. "We're a bit busy and not in the time for your nonsense. Come along, pest." He pulls Hunter away with such a rough grip. 

"Hold on! What did you do to him?!" I say with my voice raised in public. "Moi?" He puts a hand to his chest as if offended. "I don't know what you mean. Want to be more specific?" How can anyone stand this guy?! Luz speaks up. "Why are you doing this to him?! He looks like a mind slave!" He just makes a bored yawn. "It doesn't hurt, does it?" Amity questions with huge concern in her voice.

"Oh please. If he was in pain, I think he'd say something. All the pain seems to be numb, so what's the problem?" He pulls Hunter further along around the corner but hits him into a wall on purpose, making that red monster laugh.

"Stop!" I yell and run after then, making a scene but who cares? "What can I do for you to let him go?" He chuckles and ruffles Hunter's already messy hair. Silently telling me 'I can do whatever I want with him and you can't do anything about it'. "You actually care about this little runt?"

He knows he has the power and he knows he can just walk away. So he does. I step forward to follow them but stop. I've never felt so weak.. If I got him back, I'd hold onto him and never let go. Everyone's staring. Amity places a hand on my shoulder. "Ed, let's get back to Eda's. This means we have more stuff to tell her.." She turns me around and walks me to the direction of The Owl House. 

"Ed. Are you okay- nevermind. That's a stupid question." Luz comments. At least she means well. But now what? Now he's stuck with a powerful coven head! Don't know how we'll get through that.

(Spelling? And boy, oh boy.)