Chapter 98: Flying

Remember those four witches? Forgot to mention they're inspired by the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

The first is famine

The second is death

The third is war

And the fourth is conquest

Being a witch of Belos while having something to do with conquest would probably be an issue

Hunter's P.O.V.

After yesterday's whole talk about not leaving, I wonder if I can. I promised her I wouldn't. I'm thinking of going away, but not for long. I'll come back but I will only be gone for a day or two. Just so The Emperor's guards won't think I'm here. Why can't they just accept I can't be here.

"Hey! You!" King steps in front of me and points. "Do you want to hit m-" "Take me to go- you thought I wanted to hit you?" King lowers his clawed paw. "Well you had this really accusatory look on your face." King looks away for a second before continuing on. "Can you take me flying?" "Why don't you just ask Luz or Eda?" I go back to practicing plant glyphs, making plants with thorns on their stems.

"Eda's asleep and Luz is out with Amity." And I look back to him. "Fine. I guess I could." I roll my eyes before asking "Where's my staff." King chuckles. "Yeeeah, nice try." And Rascal becomes a staff while falling into my arms. "But first!" And I make an ice glyph to create that long but thin icicle. "Why would you need that?" Edric asks, walking up right behind me. "Protection."

"Aren't you being a bit paranoid?" King states. "Well my most deepest of apologies for being safe." And I walk with Rascal out the door. And all of a sudden, I hear King's tiny footsteps, then he jumps onto my right leg and crawls all the way up on my shoulder, then sitting on my head 

My reaction is to silently tense up and think 'get it off! GET IT OFF!'. Edric looks at my expression and just laughs with the most hysterical expression, enjoying my annoyance. "Now gallop! Hya!" He grabs the strand hanging from my forehead while tugging it like the reins to a horse. With a loud groan, I hop onto Rascal but Edric speaks up.

"Can I go with you?!" Edric hops onto his palisman staff. "You said you didn't feel like it when I asked you!" King tells Ed who shrugs. "Well now I do." I nod to him, knowing King is probably glaring at Emerald.

We both fly off and high in the air, looking over the forest. I'm sure I can't fly off to town. Rascal's in control and King along with Emerald will probably make sure I stay.

(Spelling? Too embarrassed to put in romance. I'm pretty shy about being able to write dialogue like that. But can't believe I'd get as far as near chapter 100)